Amazon HQ2

Apple HQ2 is probably going to Raleigh.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/korihale/2018/06/05/amazon-apple-eyeing-raleigh-for-new-headquarters/#180ff8d949d0

From the map seems to be in the middle of nowhere, yet two top IT companies want to go there, why?
Haven’t been there but Meguro said those places are beautiful.

Cool.

Didn’t we agree HQ2 will be in DC?

Too expensive. House prices are dirt cheap in RTP despite doubling since 2009. Can easily get far better looking houses than SV for $300-$400. Yes, better looking than Contra Costa County.

May be we should organize a group tour there :slight_smile: Any1 other than Meguro being to RTP?

Based on the article, it appears that both AAPL and AMZN have first pushed to increase white female representation, now is pushing for black representation. Hmm… other colors have to wait. So other colors should join FB and GOOG?

benetton.

If people are smart, they’ll take advantage of this:

1 Like

I need to keep my eye on that site.

You wouldn’t need to put a semi auto rifle with a bump stock on it against my forehead to make me move to San Diego…

Why? The weather is amazing. The ocean is actually warm enough to use. I’d rather live there than the bay area. There’s just not a lot of high paying jobs there. Companies pay low, since so many people want to live there.

3 Likes

“wouldn’t”… i agree totally…

1 Like

San Diego is beautiful, wonder why it didn’t develop into SV-like. Is also a navy base, still is?

1 Like

It also has a ton of universities. Maybe the weather and beaches are so nice no one wants to work startup hours.

SV’s huge advantage is the first VC firms were there and would only invest in local businesses. Now they have so much money that they need to go outside of SV to find enough investment opportunities.

1 Like

Real estate is also priced lower here so you don’t need to make as much to keep up your standard of living. It also has a thriving biotech industry if you are qualified for that type of work.

1 Like

Ok, @sheriff, name the top three San Diego suburbs or outlier areas that you feel are undervalued. No one is keeping score…

I can’t say anywhere is undervalued, but stay away from National City and West Chula Vista. East Chula Vista where I live is pretty nice.

1 Like

I would go for Carlsbad. Or Fallbrook if you want land

1 Like