Amazon HQ2

I’m wondering how many cities are secretly sending love letters to Amazon today.

I think Democratic Party will kick out a few crazies. But I heard that Bernie Sanders wants to run again. A Trump vs Bernie is very likely, that will make the crazies taking over the party and kick out moderates to GOP

But making American cities compete beauty pageant-style and bend over backwards to appease a multi-billion dollar corporation is pretty gross — and a poor read of national sentiment around the roles that technology companies play in modern American society.

As an example of how to expand in a city without invoking the wrath of the local community, observers need only look at how Google is expanding in New York. The company is planning to add 14,000 jobs in the city and has committed to $1 billion in spending to upgrade its West side campuses.

Look at some of what other cities offered Amazon. Many offered far more than NYC and still Amazon picked NYC.

It’s just that NYC doesn’t need Amazon as much as people think. Why is Google expanding in NYC?

NY is cold and old. Move to Nashville, man

1 Like

No matter where you go AOC will still come after you. :smile:

AOC for Pelosi’s teeth :rofl:

RE investors are burned in NYC :sob:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-02-14/long-island-city-brokers-despair-over-amazon-s-abrupt-reversal

“I think those local politicians, their careers are over,” said Eric Benaim, chief executive officer of Modern Spaces, a Long Island City brokerage, who distributed pins and posters supporting the Amazon deal. “They’re responsible for losing 25,000 jobs.”

Amazon “wanted as little friction as possible,” O’Mara said. “Tech companies are used to low-friction environments. They’ve, by and large, been in small suburban communities that have done their bidding. I’m sure none of this played out in the way the protagonists anticipated. But, hey, this is urban politics.”

His pen is can’t be that small.

2 Likes

Silicone likes it though… oh! I’m sorry she likes the Gold plated pen.

Who is Silicone?

Image result for Silicone

Amazon HQ1 is in downtown Seattle.

These people don’t have a clue what they are talking about. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

:question::question:

AOC changed name to JENNY?

Public: “we want jobs to pay better!”

Tech companies: “okay, we’re going to pay our employees well!”

Public: “YOU’RE RUINING OUR NEIGHBORHOODS WITH ALL YOUR HIGHLY PAID EMPLOYEES”

Public meant non-tech jobs to be paid better. Increasing pay of tech jobs or bringing tech jobs in make the situation worse.

Come on real estate pros. Where is HQ2 going now ?