AMD moving headquarters to Santa Clara

I am not denying Fremont has better location than Dublin. Just don’t think it is extra cost to you if you work in the City, and cost is not that high compare to driving to work. Living in Dublin gonna limit your choice like tough to commute to work in say Mountain View (even with free Shuttle, going to take too long - GBus or Apple Shuttles are there).

I have coworkers who commute in from Dublin AFTER driving to the station from cities way out there. They don’t like it one bit. Hence, their trend to try to work from home more than one day a week…2 or 3 hrs of total commute time would drive anyone batty…

Remember, I was and am still considering making Fremont my home where I let my wife retire and I do the drudge of commuting to the Fab 7x7. I ain’t looking forward to that quite honestly but am willing to do it for a few years to wipe out some of that capital gain and/or to develop the place into a monster mansion.

Because Dublin/Plesanton/SanRamon is kind of far from Silicon Valley proper, I think many early employees who got rich from their options will choose to stay in the area and start something. That’s how an ecosystem gets started. So overtime I expect to see more and more tech companies clustered around there. It already has a pretty vibrant scene, right?

Like the Workday founders. After Peoplesoft got hostile taken over by Oracle he just started something next door.

Dublin is a great place and it’s popular with Asian homebuyers. But it won’t become a tech hub since it’s far for everyone to commute to Workday.

Plus traditional tech is in decline. New startups are all in SF. Maybe Dunlin will get even with Sunnyvale over time since Sunnyvale is not popular with new workers.

No, expensive doesn’t equate good. I’ve had expensive food many times that taste average to bad.

Ok, @manch, the Big Bro got back to me… the place he intro’d to us back in the day was Asia Village in Sunnyvale. Looking at the Yelp reviews (yes only a hundred something), it is fairly strong and consistent at 3.5 stars just like your place. Now, I remember it when that special chef was there and he was quite good. He made special things for us off the menu or pre-ordered and then we would be almost shocked when the bill came. We had some elaborate huge whole fish soup thingy that was quite good and it impressed my wife. This to me, is what I would call excellent, authentic chinese food that won’t break the bank.

Sunnyvale is way up above Dublin. You can not compare these two cities. Dublin has newer building and newer development, but no match to Sunnyvale in terms of price and competition.

Sunnyvale is in Strategic hub for big company employees and it is really tough to get one home esp SFH.

@sfdragonboy I think you are confused. :slight_smile: The goal is to eat yummy food not confirming reviews. Who cares about Yelp? There is a difference between knowing something is yummy versus actually eating it. Yes, speaking from experience.

No confusion, Sir. The goal is to eat yummy food but not pay an arm and a leg for it. Yes, it can be done.

Oh, I did some snooping around after my Big Bro mentioned it. He said there was a New East Lake in Milpitas that closed down. I determined that was a sister restaurant to your supposedly great place in San Ho. What up? Let’s hear the excuses of why that sister restaurant couldn’t stay open in a sea of Asians. While San Tung has to schedule armoured car pickup of its cash twice a day, every day…:grin:

I have high hope for Dublin. It has the advantage of access to cheap housing in Central Valley. Every time I go on 580, there is always long line of cars going east. If you work in Dublin it’s not unreasonable to live in Manteca or even Stockton. You can buy a waterfront mansion in Stockton for 600K. That’s very comfortable living.

When Intel’s founders first looked for space to start Intel, they said they just drove on a dirt road until they reached the end. And that was Santa Clara in the late 60s. Things change.

I tried San Tung and not impressed. Again, the goal is to eat good food not confirming reviews. I don’t care how other people like or dislike East Lake. Why do I care?

San Tung has good food. People have said it is good food by rating it a solid 4 stars. You eat, then you rate what you ate, for better or worst. Now, do you need to rate what you ate? Of course not, but if the food compels you to, either way (good or bad) then you might want to. Five thousand people felt compelled to, and in mostly a positive way. Are you specifically entitled to your opinion that goes completely counter to those many positive reviews? Absolutely. But to leave out that many other people think otherwise is misleading. I like it when opinions match the data. The world is in sync. When the data says one thing and you say something completely opposite, then there is a problem. Is the data faulty or the person? Well, the data is reasonably sound so it is probably the person. Yeah, its the person…