Apparently only your genes matter, not your upbringing

Majority of Swiss population growth from immigration

Switzerland rejected EU and never joined EU. They are in good shape

“ In 2018, Switzerland’s population slightly exceeded 8.5 million. In common with other developed countries, the Swiss population increased rapidly during the industrial era, quadrupling between 1800 and 1990. Growth has since stabilised, and like most of Europe, Switzerland faces an ageing population, albeit with consistent annual growth projected into 2035, due mostly to immigration and a fertility rate close to replacement level.[156]

As of 2012, resident foreigners made up 23.3% of the population, one of the largest proportions in the developed world.[157] Most of these (64%) were from European Union or EFTAcountries.[158] Italians were the largest single group of foreigners, with 15.6% of total foreign population, followed closely by Germans(15.2%), immigrants from Portugal (12.7%), France (5.6%), Serbia (5.3%), Turkey (3.8%), Spain (3.7%), and Austria (2%). Immigrants from Sri Lanka, most of them former Tamilrefugees, were the largest group among people of Asian origin (6.3%).[158]

From 1970-1990 the population barely grew. It is so expensive to live there it is no wonder young people can’t afford to have kids

Immigration is the way to go.

1 Like

In most situations, nurture is more critical than nature :grinning: since exposure and opportunities are not easily available/ accessible. Hence as a parent you do your best to nurture your children :baby:

Corollary 3. A person of lower potential with good nurture outperforms one of higher potential with limited nuture.

1 Like

Some of those countries–not sure which–tax women 90% on their earnings to discourage them from working and encourage motherhood.

In that case they can always inherit their fortune… :slight_smile:

This country?

That country taxes women 200%. Love that series btw :wink:

Isn’t it a bit too depressing? :cry:

No. I love how morbid it is. It needs better looking characters though.

I’m definitely not getting the reference.

It’s a very dark story… :sob:

In the near future, fertility rates collapse as a result of sexually transmitted diseases and environmental pollution.[8] With this chaos, the totalitarian, theonomic government of Gilead establishes rule in the former United States in the aftermath of a civil war.[9][10][11] Society is organized by power-hungry leaders along with a new, militarized, hierarchical regime of fanaticism and newly-created social classes, in which women are brutally subjugated, and by law are not allowed to work, own property, handle money, or read.[11]

According to an extremist interpretation of the Biblical account of Bilhah, worldwide infertility has resulted in the conscription of the few remaining fertile women in Gilead called Handmaids.[11] They are assigned to the homes of the ruling elite, where they must submit to ritualized rape by their male masters in order to become pregnant and bear children for those men and their wives.

If men quit working and let women do all the work, will the world population plummet?

Seems that birth rate and women’s job rate are highly correlated.

1 Like

I heard they are filming season 3 right now. Can’t wait!! :innocent:

You are … em… unconventional.

1 Like

I’m not the only one out there. They won the Emmys and the Golden Globe :unamused:

1 Like

This sounded to me like a satire on Islam.

Non-Muslim population will start decline. After 200 years, Islam will be the only region left standing.

1 Like

Caucasian and Chinese population is declining. So left with Muslim and Hindi :grinning: