Apple HQ2

Hey, it is never too early to speculate…

Sacramento?

Austin?

Could amazon and Apple choose the same place? :boom:

Wow, some of the cities that are likely, like Austin and Atlanta, just had an accident…

Actually Cook didn’t say it’s outside of Bay Area. He only said in another town. I change my vote.

San Jose baby!!

Let’s wait for Apple’s criteria list if it is willing to share as to what it is looking for…

Ok, cities, time to work that resume to perfection!!!

Journalists are overblowing Apple statement. There is already an Apple Campus in Austin. Tim Cook has previously said that Austin campus would be expanded in the future. The “new campus” would likely be in San Jose if it is in Bay Area or somewhere in the midWest. Don’t think is a “big” one. There are actually quite a lot of technical support centers known as technology centre globally. Campus could just be a generic word.

What I was thinking was a “big” one…

How big is Apple’s Austin campus? I thought it was ~5,000 employees, but maybe that’s old info. 20,000 is a LOT of jobs. The new spaceship only holds 14,000, so we’re talking almost 50% bigger than that.

I think Apple has a lot of support staff in Elk Grove?

Did you speed read? 20,000 not in new campus only.

Apple expects to invest over $30 billion in capital expenditures in the US over the next five years and create over 20,000 new jobs through hiring at existing campuses and opening a new one. Apple already employs 84,000 people in all 50 states.

He’s just mad at me for pointing out the obvious about SJ vs SF…

‘We want to help America,’ Apple CEO Tim Cook says of moving foreign money back to US

Meanwhile, Apple officials are currently searching for where it will place a third campus, Cook said. Its current campuses are located in California and Texas.

The location of the new campus has been narrowed down to prevent a “sort of auction process,” Cook said.

The third campus (basically, a large tract of Apple owned buildings in a locality) won’t be in California and Texas.
California Campus is in Cupertino comprising Apple Park, Apple Infinite Campus, many buildings
Texas Campus is in Austin

Apple: We’ll pay $38B in taxes and add 20,000 jobs in the U.S.

Campuses generally refer to a sprawling facility where Apple employees – working on everything from engineering to customer service – report for duty. The company currently has two such locations: one in Silicon Valley and another in Austin, Texas.

With support jobs, it really makes sense to go to a low cost city. That way the jobs pay enough for people to live in the city.

Is this HQ2? Or just HQ1.5?

They’ve been buying in that area for awhile. Rumor was that’s where the car stuff would go, but they canceled the car stuff.