Austin MSA vs SFBA and TX vs CA

Downward pressure on Austin house prices?

The latest state of emergency will expand state efforts to 21 more counties, including, “Butte, El Dorado, Fresno, Humboldt, Imperial, Inyo, Lake, Mendocino, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Stanislaus, Tuolumne and Yuba,” according to a news release from Newsom’s office.

CA has the best weather in the nation :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

No views like this in Texas

4 Likes

There’s plenty of red, white and blue in Texas! :grimacing:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Maybe you forgot all the hurricanes like Katrina and Galveston

I don’t have anything recent for, say Mt Lemmon covered in snow as seen from the lush high Sonora desert below but it is truly spectacular.

Payments of $5 million to every eligible Black adult, the elimination of personal debt and tax burdens, guaranteed annual incomes of at least $97,000 for 250 years and homes in San Francisco for just $1 a family.

An estimate from Stanford University’s Hoover Institution, which leans conservative, has said it would cost each non-Black family in the city at least $600,000.

Critics say the payouts make no sense in a state and city that never enslaved Black people. Opponents generally say taxpayers who were never slave owners should not have to pay money to people who were not enslaved.

Will @manch happily pay $600k?

Imagine if they try to enact some sort of tax to collect it from non-black residents over time. The only people left in the city will be the black people.

2 Likes

When that happen, has to collect reparations money from Africa. They sold their captured warriors to Europeans as slaves.

1 Like

Before freaking out I will wait for an actual bill that’s scheduled for an actual vote. “Being open to” means exactly zero. I am also open to being Google’s CEO just so you know.

Meanwhile there is an actual bill banning Chinese from Texas schools being worked on there. On top of banning Chinese from buying real estate in Texas. Maybe @hanera will finally understand why upper income Asians actually moved into California?

Being situationally aware is a big survival skill for Asians because our ancestors have been through hell. Never forget we aren’t white, no matter how much you may want to convince yourself.

1 Like

To be clear, Citizens of China (and 3 other named countries), not ethnic Chinese.

Referring to Citizens of China.

Glad you shave today.

1 Like

Not that they don’t want to target Chinese Americans but because they can’t. It’s blatantly unconstitutional.

Maybe it’s just me. I don’t think citizens of China (or Russia) for that matter should be denied an education. Glad that people who think that way are not in my state.

:person_shrugging:

They DO think that way in your state - and not just for Chinese citizens. They use quotas for dumb people to exclude Asians. Or they did until a court forced them not to.

2 Likes

https://archive.is/eUOkY

1 Like

More pay! CA style!

my parents still live in texas and what are you talking about - they just had back to back to back 500 year floods so lots of pics like this.

So is normal for TX :slight_smile: CA is not that good either, that is what the photo is showing. So all the bragging about CA weather is great is :stuck_out_tongue:

Easy to deal with floods in California. Live on a hill. Same with Earthquakes… it’s much safer on bedrock than on a flood plain. I don’t think there is any flooding currently in California. Could be this spring though… depends on the snow melt. Definitely over the drought… though