Be afraid: China is on the path to global technology dominance

I did not sell yet, holding it for an year at least or until economy crashes. This MCHI was 45% appreciation and it has core Chinese stocks. ETFs are normally long hold as they are managed by providers.

I donā€™t think that is a valid study. For any country to average in the 60ā€™s, and there are many of them, they would have to be sub-human. The study is probably based on education rather than intelligence.

2 Likes

Itā€™s important to remember that those numbers are just the average. There are many exceptional people with very high IQs in every country.

I donā€™t believe in IQ to be honest. You can actually study for it and there are test taking techniques you can learn. So itā€™s not really a measurement of ones innate intelligence.

Also thereā€™s another thing called EQ. Having a high IQ but a low EQ is not a good indication of overall fitness.

2 Likes

Wow, didnā€™t realize weā€™d break into a stats course of median, mean, and standard deviation.

Some people are showing the same graph about East Asians and Causasians. Just substitute ā€œChinaā€ with ā€œAsianā€ and ā€œUSAā€ with ā€œCaucasianā€ and hence you can see their argument in favoring the white race, even though research shows that East Asians have higher average IQ than white.

I think there might be some truth to thatā€¦ although Iā€™m skeptical at this point until more data is given.

You just have to organize the world accordingly.
Leaders - Caucasians
Middle Management & Professionals - Asians
Customer Services - Caucasians

AFAIK, IQ is not a measure of intelligence :grinning: If you insist it is, then the definition of intelligence is incorrect. IQ seems to gauge technical competency and totally ignore political wisdom :grinning: The ability to organize and persuade people to your POVs are not measured.

Too much racism.

Isnā€™t Jewish people belonging to the same race as Arabians?

Wrong :rage:. Arabs belong to Jewish race.

(1) any frank discussion about race is branded as ā€œracismā€ by some people these days. Who is being discriminated due to their race here???

(2) Arabs and Jews are different ethnicities. No, arabs donā€™t belong to the Jewish ethnicity.

Their religion teaches them that they both related to sons on Abraham.

The average IQ score of Ashkenazi Jews has been calculated to be from a range of 110ā€“115,[2][3] higher than any other ethnic group in the world.[4]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence

East Asians seem to range from 104 to 108 according to that site I linked to earlier.

1 Like

Nowā€¦ letā€™s go back to the discussion about FB vs. Tencentā€¦ :rofl:

Statistics of a group vs individual.

Tencent > facebook. Explain to me why Mark married a Chinese woman again?

Zuckerburg > Ma. Thatā€™s all that matters. :rofl:

I own both so let them both win :slight_smile:

1 Like

Add red envelopes, aka corruption.

Thatā€™s the only way to get rich in that environment, either you belong to the class going to meet the firing squad, or you are the one with a relative in the politburo.

It only took 3 days. Tencent now worth more than Facebook.