Best IPO Year Since Dot Com

It might take until employee lockup ends. I’m not sure when that is.

All underwriting banks will try to prop up the price artificially so that they grab all other IPOs, such as PINS, UBER…etc.

I just want to know what will be the opening and closing price if LYFT tomorrow.

It is PRE-IPO investors/employees lockup period, it is normally 180 days after IPO start day.

Remember when FB went from 38 to 18

Don’t know which virtual world you are talking about but FB went to 18 before going to 95 :exploding_head:

Started at 38 went up then down to $18

IPOs are manipulated. Retail investors get screwed

However, Facebook did not staircase higher. Rather, the stock fell over $20 from the IPO price to $17.55 per share on Sept. 4, 2012. At this low, your return on investment would have been -53.82%, or ($17.55 * 26 shares) - ($38 * 26 shares) / ($38 * 26 shares). Some analysts and traders believe the company was overvalued and the IPO was priced too high, which led to the crash.

1 Like

LYFT is litmus test for all other IPOs, such as slack instacart Uber Airbnb palantir Pinterest waiting results

Legions of wall street — investors, conglomerators, brokers, advisers, lawyers, accountants, analysts, clerks, programmers, bureaucrats, and so forth are behind LYFT to bring up today in few hours.

Big-ask spread atm is 86.15-86.28 (likely trade start)

[Edit] traded at $86 level now

85 already now 82 headed to 20

1 Like

It should close below $72, may be around $65, then all other IPOs will understand HYPE will not sell their shares, but real value will only make the difference !

I understand the sentiment, but it’s caused by investors trying to get a quick gain or the sheep. That’s what has happened over and over. I feel sorry for the sheep, but the others are greedy. The shorter your timeframe for investment the riskier it is.

1 Like

Will they able to cash in their Millions? I guess NO

Just checked, SP500 doubled in the last 20 years. That’s a very disappointing return.

However, if you bought AAPL 20 years ago, it would be a very different story.

So if you are really good, you will have a really good return :rofl:

The key is how to know whether you are good or bad. Out of so many posters here, only one person is a really good stock picker.

Let’s forget about LYFT

Lyft hasn’t even finished its first day of trading and every hater is already dumping on it? :face_with_monocle:

It comes with education and experience. Even after that, It is really, really tough.
This is like picking up the right home, right time and flip later.

Closed today at $78.29, 8.74% above IPO price.

I have seen plenty of bloggers stayed away from LYFT. Except speculators, no one traded it.

I think the underwriters secured their money by selling $72 stocks into $86 to $78 range. LYFT got its free money 2 Billion, but rest of original investors (so called 22 Bln holders) may likely lose as they have 180 day locking period.

They continue to lose until LYFT makes profit and stock starts picking up. It is long way. This has to go like SNAP first. Then, likely pick up, but that depends on the real fundamental growth.

Pick up at bottom like $35 range may be worth (gut feeling, not properly reviewed).

2 Likes

If you had bought PA RE in 1999 your leveraged investment could have gone up 10x

1 Like

Here is feedback someone posted for LYFT and recent upcoming IPOs.

I think the real reason IPO is being pushed by these profit losing companies is because VC and other investors want to quickly sell their stake and move on. It’s harder to convince another private person in the private market to buy a % of a piece of a losing company. In the public market they just overvalue the shit of the company with a big market cap and fancy hype then dump it on the next random person.

1 Like

Lyft is the bitcoin of the stock market.

1 Like