California Burning

Clear cold and beautiful in Tahoe.

1 Like

Buy?

Bankruptcy looming…

2 Likes
1 Like

PG&E has some of the highest rates per kWh of any electrical company. Why are they such a mess? Baseline rate is $0.20 and increases if you go over your allowance. Here it’s $0.09/kWh and $0.11/kWh for high usage. We literally pay half the price.

0.20 baseline? The month I left CA my last bill - for only 110 kilowatt hours of usage - indicated 0.31 a kWh. And in AZ less than half that. Thank God Steyer’s scheme to californicate our power production here in AZ went down in flames.
The view off my deck right now. Hazy hills in the distance, air pungent with smoke, all from…the controlled burns done along the Mogollon Rim at this time every year so we don’t end up like CA.

1 Like

Very unhealthy now in SF and Oakland. School closing in SF tomorrow.

So, SF and San Mateo air is hazardous now?
What does it mean exactly?
I am quite scared although this is nothing comparable to losing loved ones and homes…

What the different levels mean:

1 Like

Oh, OK. SF and SM is not Hazardous condition but very unhealthy condition.

Move to Austin. Air quality where I’m is very good.

Clear in Tahoe

City Average Particulate Air Pollution (PM2.5)

Most Polluted Cities

Sacramento is the most polluted city in the world. Oakland at 3, Stockton 4, SF 10 and SJ 36.

As recently as last year people still made fun of China for bad air. It seems the Chinese have mostly cleaned up their air. India now dominates the list.

1 Like

Many decades later, we can accuse USA for IP stealing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

USA used to be a copycat when it was rising up in the 18th and 19th century.

1 Like

What did the US copy?