Cathie Wood Sees 20% Returns After 'Unbelievable' 2020

Thinking of buying U too?

Planning to scale into U, didn’t do any DD yet, buy first do DD later :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Beth, Cathie and @manch think is of promising long term potential (I presume it means 10+ years forward is great). Need to do DD to verify.

Yes I am a fan of the company but this drop and their recent earnings have me questioning things.

Zuck did. Maybe Unity didn’t want to sell.

1 Like

Deep dive on Unity:

1 Like

@manch

Market cap of U has exploded 10x since the article dated 2019. Still worth investing?

Can still 10x from here? Preferably more than 10x.

Wow, thought is sklz is the only competitor, also have unreal, Roblox, … are these capable of doing AR/VR?

Maybe not 10x? It’s hard to spot 10x names. If you ride Stock A for 3X, and then roll it onto Stock B for another 3X, you (almost) get 10X. It’s a lot easier to spot 3-bagger.

SKLZ is for mobile betting. Roblox is its own closed garden. Only competitor for Unity is Unreal.

This is even harder :wink: Stocks more or less move in same direction. That is, when stock A plateau and is time to sell, high probability that is also not the time to buy stock B. That is when it is time for stock B to move UP, is likely the time that stock A is also starting to move UP. You can easily verify this.

Good.

1 Like

This is one the main reasons I like Unity.

Unity and Unreal are the only two names in town when it comes to game engines and game engines are hard and expensive to build. They’re
almost like operating systems in that sense.

The question is when to get in and how high could we reasonably expect it to go?

3 Likes

If it is only a game engine, shouldn’t invest. I am interested because…

Today, Fortune and Global 500 companies in industries such as architecture, engineering, construction, automotive, transportation, manufacturing, film, television, and retail are using Unity across many new use cases, including automobile and building design, online and augmented reality product configurators, autonomous driving simulation, and augmented reality workplace safety training. These new forms of content are emerging parts of our business and represent a significant opportunity for growth.

That is my question too. Market cap of U is already close to EA. Is it going to be like NVDA vs INTC? I didn’t want to buy NVDA when it is fairly cheap because I thought market cap of a GPU won’t be higher than that of CPU. I was WRONG. GPU can replace CPU as the main computing engine… I didn’t understand to this level of details :sob: will I be again not able to understand U engine?

Bought a few shares to encourage me to delve deeper… either pump in much more or close position later… research! do DD :slight_smile: All this is assuming I am smart enough :smiley: may be overestimating my ability… so I prefer to assess founder/ CEO competency and ambition, the ex-EA CEO seems :+1:

1 Like

Cathie is…
Dumping FAANG to buy TSLA + ROKU.
Dumping PYPL to buy SQ and SHOP.
Dumping TCEHY BABA to buy JD.
Dumping semis like NVDA TSM.

Aggressive re-positioning from matured plays to pure plays :slight_smile:

“When we get opportunities like this to invest in pure plays instead of more mature plays…we will move back into pure plays.”

While she is re-positioning aggressively, I am scaling into ARKG aggressively.

Also started position in SQ and SHOP. Will start position in TSLA and possibly ROKU and TDOC later. I think Cathie is adding to TSLA and TDOC too early… should have more room to fall.

No, no…you are not taking care of EW knowledge here, just going by Master WU’s bearish view. I have already quoted QQQ comes to an end 301.25 (as 38.2 correction wave). Bounce from here is common.

TSLA is now single digit market share in the biggest BEV market, EU. Their sales numbers are also shrinking, not just market share, while the overall BEV sales are exploding. China next and US next. Tesla finally has real competition and there is no way they can maintain their market share and compete with the big boys. They will go down like Blackberry and RIMM. Model S and Model X sales are already abysmal and real luxury brands (Porsche, MB, BMW, Audi, Volvo, JLR) will choke Tesla. Model 3/Y is now bleeding - even Ford is stealing from Tesla. Once Toyota and Honda jumps in, its game over for them, they are in a different world in quality reliability and efficiency. RIP Tesla 2022/23 and Cathie Woods, the hack 2021.

Tesla has not lost market share

You’re just flat out wrong

The steep market share and sales number drop is in EU, the largest BEV market.
China will follow next, you are kidding if you think a US company will succeed in China.

That’s because EU has severe penalties and other ICE manufacturers send all their BEVs to Europe primarily. It’s a skewed market and a skewed statistic.

Now think what would happen when they will send all their BEVs to all markets, which is coming. TSLA would be toast in a year or so, and will go down the Blackberry and RIMM way.

Dude. You don’t understand the market economics and costs involved here.

2 Likes

Haha, you are funny. Keep drinking Elon Musk cool-aid.

The dude said in 2015 that all Tesla will be fully self driving by 2018. No cars are going to be fully self driving even after a decade from now. Keep telling stories and fooling general public.

Though Elon lies or over exaggerates about level 5 as it will take more time to perfect, commenting Tesla will be next Blackberry is far from true.

PS- I haven’t drank the cool-aid yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

He always does. He has the same charm as Trump. Always lie but people believe. And even later known that he has lied, willingly to be lied again. I need to study psychology to get a deeper understanding of such behavior.

1 Like