Cathie Wood Sees 20% Returns After 'Unbelievable' 2020

@hanera,

With my algorithm in scope, I do not need any fund managers. I am far better independently to manage myself.

Second, since the market makers/funds are dropping MRNA & BNTX, you are undermining the power of new technology.

Remember, TSLA was also dropped from $330 to $275, then it went down to $180 (pre-split). At that time, ARKK was buying madly TSLA. It came to $710 after split.

You will witness similar changes for MRNA & BNTX at some point in future. Just one or two quarters of results provide a clear picture.

She bought when it was DOWN, not near the PEAK. Sure you understand what Joseph Carlson and I are saying? We say don’t buy near the PEAK. Did you watch the video? It also talk about retail investor psychology, in addition to recency biased.

I have a feeling you secretly want to badmouth Tesla…

So I can buy at $10 :slight_smile: like @wuqijun. Actually I was referring to ARK. I think you also didn’t watch the video. The video is about recency biased towards recently outperforming fund managers/ funds (not individual stock investment) and psychology of retail investors.

@manch

So you think make sense for a stock to rally that much because of split and inclusion to S&P that warrant to pump $$$ into the stock now? All-in to TSLA like what @Zeapelido did is correct - he didn’t do that at a peak2.

Do you think AAPL is at top or bottom now?
Do you think TSLA top or bottom now ?

As I said, I am going to hold for minimum 2 years and the stock has good value to grow( IMO). It is based on my own decision and any profit or loss belongs to me!

Second, I do not need any fund manager as I can manage on my own.

I can even create my own private funding with my own algorithms, I can easily charge 15% of clients profit above S&P growth.

I stay away from it as I do not want to involve in business or possible lawsuit etc.

I am still doing those as my hobby, fun time work, using my own money.

Above all. I do not want follow Jim Cramer or Cathie Wood and I am fine to follow my own algorithm. That is all my plan.

1 Like

I realize peak is the wrong word (near the peak wasn’t wrong but people can’t comprehend a phrase like that). Perhaps the better phrase is “After a parabolic rise”, not only subsequent return won’t be great, the probability of a significant pull back (in EWT term, retracement) is high - not that is sure to happen. Psychology of a retail investor will be to sell in such a pull back ended up Buy High Sell Low. So far, you didn’t sell MRNA and instead averaging in, let see how long you can withstand before selling. Two years right? Let see whether you sell before that. Frankly two years is too short, in WB view is short-term investing. I have always think buy n hold is minimum 10 years.

Answer to both of your questions have already been answered many times in this forum. Why are you always asking questions that have already been answered?

In case you still didn’t understand the message from the video by Joseph Carlson, it is not about the fundamentals of a stock, it is about the recency bias and psychology of a retail investor.

1 Like

Yes I would only move more money in when there are dips (greedy when there is fear). Bough 75% of my shares when TSLA dropped below $280 (pre-split). I even bought some at $179!

2 Likes
  1. DCA purchases many times from 200 shares to more than 1000 shares. Now my average is 93% (7% loss level)

2. You have not accounted my multiple covered calls, expecting drops and making profits. May be appx 5%-10% gains

3. When fundamentals are positive, both companies recovery will come in next two quarters. This is a turning point for these two companies.

Market forces won’t just like make the stock to go up unless there is a possible speculation or value.

I was concerned about volatility of TSLA when it was going down from $275 to $180, but WQJ did not bother but bought more with long term look out.

Similarly, You are concerned about volatility within a month, but I am looking forward next two years or more.

Reason for minimum 2 year holding: investing is long and within two years, we will see major change. Potential holding period may be further than 2 years which I do not know how long. This means there is not set period for selling.

Even yesterday I bought both these stocks (sample from history)

Moving $7000 for year Roth 2021 and I will buy more BNTX and MRNA in next few days if there is further dip!

It is not about past, but potential future we invest in!

1 Like

For trading portfolio only. For buy n hold portfolio, the things I worry about is the government, the people (there is a visible rise of people suffering wealthy-hating complex) and ofc company leadership.

:+1:

For trading, I limit my focus with Spy, qqq, tqqq and Upro, not on individual stocks.

In fact, I focus on ^GSPC and ^IXIC.

I have given up on SPY and UPRO. Just QQQ, TQQQ, MU, SOXX and SOXL.

Now and then dabble on individual stocks more because I want to know what is going on in the tech scenes.

Why TDOC now (peak)? I knew this stock since $50 ! This is in my 400 stock list, being monitored daily. Of course, this is growing, when there is a dip, I will definitely buy this stock.

REGN (in my 400 list) is almost like BNTX & MRNA, but will review soon as this is in lower level.

On any case, my lists, buy/sell are decided by my own system nowadays. It is fun for me to use my own programs, picks etc.

The issue is limited cash after BNTX&MRNA is bought.

:rofl:

Now you understand my problem in 2017. AAPL rich cash poor unless I use margin ofc. I ended up have to move some AAPLs to an account so I can margin those AAPLs for short puts to build up cash. Now I have managed to grow a $50k account (no AAPLs, just cash) to $300k and another account (with AAPLs) with zero cash to $300k. Now I have two $300k accounts for trading aka entertainment.

2 Likes

Put 600K into Bitcoin NOW!!

1 Like

may I know how long it took for you to achieve $550k profit?

1 Like

From Aug 28, 2017.

2 Likes

Cathie loading up on Zoom again.

ZM almost touch 200-day SMA. Buy!

@Jil

Perfect zigzag abc with five waves for wave a and c, and three waves for wave b. Good odd setup.

Yesterday (Best time to buy) itself came to my trigger (ZM), but needs to do research and possible profit/loss calculation.

And also no money !!

1 Like