Cathie Wood Sees 20% Returns After 'Unbelievable' 2020

Man, I loaded up on ZM and REGN yesterday and today morning. I didn’t read what Cathie was buying but saw a lot of encouraging TA and twitter sentiment, and just pulled the trigger. Let’s see where it goes. Short term trigger for me.

1 Like

@Jil

See? Power of info age. Many retail investors can act simultaneously and trump! the big man. Long ago, hard to get info. Now analysis can be found anywhere provided you understand web which is what those 30s and 40s knew very well.

1 Like

In such case, why no one was ready to buy TSLA at $180 when WQJ posted 1000 shares ($275) purchase?

The whole blog was against TSLA at that time !

Did he post in twitter? or Reddit? I think many people bought TSLA in 2019 and 2020 - those who read twitter and Reddit, not this real estate forum.

Whole Reddit and Twitter was negative on TSLA at that time, fooling retailers !

Then why did @Zeapelido bought all-in in 2019? Did you follow that closely? He said exactly the same thing as Jason.

I can show 100s of Redditians losing heavy money, but that does not mean everyone is losing, same vice versa.

Let me leave this way, next time I see high drop in market, let me keep quiet.

How many bloggers will find correct information from twitter and reddit the drop? There are plenty of wrong information spread in twitter and reddit. It is up to the individuals to read, analyze and win. It is not easy.

For example: Paul’s MRNA EWT is correct, but FUBO it may be hype and may not work. I did not do Fundamental analysis, but scared to touch a small company without Fundamentals.

You can play with $1000 (come what may), but not $100000 without fundamentals.

one explanation I can give is people are more aware of WSB in reddit now than 2 yrs ago and also covid has made bored ppl to focus on trading. With wild bull market many think they are pros!

2 Likes

Well to be fair, I follow and participate in the TMC forum investor thread much more carefully than what’s on Twitter / Reddit.

The signal to noise ratio on TMC is extremely high, much better than the other 2. I don’t know how many other companies ever had a similar investor environment for crowdsourcing content other than Apple I’m sure.

If I was just relying on Reddit, I’d probably still have bet big but not as big as I did.

Just Twitter, would have definitely been less.

2 Likes

what is the TMC forum investor thread, and where is it?

3 Likes

If you want to buy, just watch the stock price, it corrects at times to 30%-40% down, buy more if you have cash.

If you own TSLA now, you can hold and forget it as TSLA growth is long way to go for next 20 years or more.

1 Like

yes, was much more important in 2018 and 2019 for learning about true company state and tech moats.

SKLZ.

:rocket:

2 Likes

So troublesome can look at her site, she bought today,

REGN :slight_smile:
TXG
TCEHY No delisting?
DOCU
SNPS :+1:
SPOT
SKLZ
FSLY :man_dancing:
NFLX know the result beforehand?
ADYEN
CRM
ADBE
ESLT
OPEN
BMY
RHHBY :grinning:
TDOC :grinning:

I have five of the above

Nice! I’ve been holding this for a bit now and it’s my biggest small cap position. I would like to trim around 40 and reload when it dips. :money_mouth_face:

Pretty interesting read: ARK ETF 4Q 2020 Report

They commented on the biggest winners and losers in each fund. ARKK has a 5-year annualized return of over 46%.

2 Likes

ARK views Zoom as a complete communications platform, not just a work-from-home beneficiary. We believe Zoom’s rapid expansion to phones, video APIs, and email positions the company to capture a large portion of the $1.5 trillion total addressable market for enterprise communications.

Ok, will add to ZM, sell WORK and CRM. Does it affect TWLO?

Back from walk.

Cathie has been selling PACB, CRSP and NVTA. Wonder it has to do with BNGO which might make DNA sequencing obsolete.

Going for a big walk?