Chloroquine and COVID-19

Been reading a lot that hydroxychloroquine works more often than not. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

I have a friend who is Filipino with PHD in Biology from MIT. Heā€™s been watching the research and thinks that itā€™s very promisingā€“the early studies showed that cells treated with the drug were resistant to COVID infection. Heā€™s upset with US officials/researchers who are trying to discourage looking into it. For the Phillipines, this drug is readily available because they have malaria and not too expensive, so it if it works, itā€™ll be a gamechanger for them. Itā€™s frustrating to him to have people like Fauci discouraging people from investigating these therapeutics. Vaccines are costly and take a long time to develop and sometimes donā€™t work well, so having a cheap option available now makes a huge difference to poor countries. AND they donā€™t have a shortage of it.

@pandeyathotmailā€™s He said she said :scream: Anyhoo, this topic has moved to Chloroquine and COVID-19 - #60 by hanera
Btw, the issue is not about whether it works. I think every bloggers here know it works for some cases.

Sounded like efgiants was asking? Did I misunderstand his question?

Youā€™re right technically :slight_smile: I just want to be a smart ass going further to answer his motivation for asking that question.

3 Likes

Is it controversial that doctors should make decisions about patient care?

Sadly yes :frowning:

1 Like

so why are select people in the admin keep hyping it when the results keep coming back inconclusive

If thatā€™s your perspective, then thereā€™s no point in discussing it further. Youā€™re either not reading or incapable of processing any information thatā€™s positive about it. All you keep proving is you canā€™t process any info related to Trump. You accuse a guy that fundraised for Rubio of being a Trump ally. The article didnā€™t even attempt to tie him to Trump. You made a reckless and inaccurate extrapolation which is a consistent pattern. You really are the equivalent of a Jade Helm conspiracy theorist.

Thanks guys for some reason I donā€™t see this thread on my feed. Now I do. It seems like this is the cocktail of choice for China and a lot of Asian countries. I think with drug laws and rules, liabilities, they canā€™t say itā€™s a sure thing. Iā€™ve read a lot about it, it seems like it works atleast over 65% for people. Itā€™s cheap and relatively safe.

2 Likes

How does such discussions leak?