Chloroquine and COVID-19

Let’s hope it works.

1 Like

Michigan Gov. Whitmer reverses course on coronavirus drugs, is now asking feds for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine

1 Like

Should have posted it on this one.

Search for France sanctions Cholorquine and ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN are curiously absent from top results. I can’t imagine a reason why they wouldn’t be covering such positive news about a drug Trump said was showing promise. Go ahead and keep thinking those networks keep you informed and aren’t biased.

Antimalarial drug confirmed effective on COVID-19

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-02/17/c_138792545.htm

I realize the contentious issue is whether politicians should be hyping a drug and is not about the effectiveness of the drug.

1 Like

The contentious issue is people claimed Trump was inaccurately hyping the effectiveness with no proof. I guess those people think they get all the same info the president receives in daily briefings, since they were so eager to say Trump was wrong. Turns out the data is proving Trump was right. Of course, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN were tripping over themselves to run the story Trump wrong about the drug. Now data is coming in showing he was right. Those same networks stay silent. They won’t update the public on meaningful info. They’ll stay silent so everyone following them thinks Trump was wrong about the drug. They are literally purposely misleading the public. People run around thinking they are informed while they are actually uninformed of the facts.

We see the same crap every time. A majority of people still think Michael a brown had his hands up and said don’t shoot despite what was proven later. People remember the initial headline and attach to it emotionally. The media doesn’t cover the follow-up info, and then we have a public who thinks they are informed but is dead wrong.

1 Like

A broken clock can be right twice a day. The therapies with Chloroquine show promise in current studies when used in combination with other drugs (not on their own). Trump was (a) hyping it on it’s own and (b) when studies were out there that showed chloroquine is ineffective. Also Trump has consistently mis-stated, exaggerated, and made up stuff throughout this. Remember, it’s just a flu, it will go away in no time, don’t need to do anything, one million tests a day, etc, etc? So don’t pick and choose those one of times when he’s partially right to claim he needs to be believed.

A fully working clock is always right. Of course, only when the clock user looks to a clock upside down, a different time is seen. A good example of an inadept workman blaming the tool

Senator Murphy puts this way better then i can

So that justifies the media completely ignoring the info and not reporting on it? They literally only report what will make a Trump look bad. Meanwhile, they go around claiming to be unbiased reporters of the news. You’d think positive results would be huge news given the current crisis. Why suppress it?

That’s actually wrong given the number of companies that are now making masks and ventilators. Of course, people were upset the my pillow guy mentioned the Bible. That completely overshadowed the fact he’s having his company make masks.

The guy wants a patriot act 2 where we all sign away our rights to be tracked by the government. I’m sure it’ll be temporary just like the patriot act. Oh wait, Congress renews that every time it’s set to expire.

Definition of a fully working clock :slight_smile: Mechanical or digital clock? Only a digital clock that link to (can’t remember, mine is linked to Apple site) is precisely correct.

America is not organized along Unitary Principles. It is a federal country, and the states have lot of power to do things they seem fit unless there is a matter that is better handled at federal level. Some aspect of the response to coronavirus pandemic is better executed at the state level or even county level depending upon local needs.

I said this yesterday. President Trump is letting governors handle how they want to impose the guidelines and restrict the movement of people. For example, Florida and Rhode Island do not want New Yorkers to flock into their state and bring the pandemic with them. Potentially setting the up them to fight it out with each other. There are some states that are using this opportunity to free felons and prisoners and to fulfill other tyrannical dreams a governor can have. Newsom is a good example.

In a master stroke, he has made the state governors responsible and answerable to the good work or the bad work they do at the time of this pandemic.

1 Like

A fully working clock is the one that shows the correct time all the time.

C’mon be scientifically precise.

You’re Tough. Make sure the clock is synched up with this and remains synched up. Can your apple clock do that?

Lot of medication on different stages of trail and approval process.

2 Likes

All IoTs and computers that connect to the web can do that :slight_smile:
Mechanical watches are never precise :slight_smile:

can you edit the subject to broaden it to other treatments besides chloroquine

@manch created the thread.

Works for some cases yes. Often? Don’t think so.

BEIJING, Feb. 17 (Xinhua) – Chinese experts, based on the result of clinical trials, have confirmed that Chloroquine Phosphate, an antimalarial drug, has a certain curative effect on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), a Chinese official said here Monday.
Antimalarial drug confirmed effective on COVID-19 - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Btw, this topic is moved.