Cloud Kings

AAPL and index fund/ETF portfolios are buy n hold. Only trade options and clouds. Mostly swing and position trading, no day trading - guess you are familiar with trading definitions.

:+1:

Thanks. I am not an expert in stocks and bond trading. I am learning.
Your posts are inspiring.

In the above, what are the numbers on the far right?

Gain/ loss over previous week

1 Like

Software Stocks: How Microsoft, Google, Palo Alto Fit In Merger Plays

Palo Alto Networks (PANW) could be a target of VMware (VMW) or Alphabet 's (GOOGL) Google, one Wall Street brokerage says in an outlook on software stocks.

So buy PANW.

In its 2020 forecast, RBC Capital says that if Microsoft does not buy a cybersecurity firm such as CrowdStrike, the behemoth could target software stocks Workday (WDAY) or Twilio (TWLO).

Buy TWLO, WDAY and CRWD.

Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD), HubSpot (HUBS) and Zendesk (ZEN) also might be the object of corporate affections, according to the report.

Buy CSOD, HUBS and ZEN.

Now have to decide on what stocks to sell to raise cash to buy potential acquisition stocks.

Update Jan 8: WDAY up so much that I have to close my vertical spreads for a double, still holding 600 shares… riding to $260 :slight_smile: TWLO is up a lot recently, holding 600 shares - no plan, no short term options because direction is not so clear to me - Jim Cramer says is good, @marcus335 says is good, so I buy :slight_smile: Also own ZEN and HUBS, didn’t buy back PANW because doesn’t understand its chart.

1 Like

Andy Jassy’s AWS re:Invent keynote from December last year. It’s long, coming in at 2h40m. The most amazing thing is that it’s by and large just a one-man show. Jassy stood there and talked for the most part the entire length. There are something like 20 new products AWS is rolling out and Jassy knows enough to talk about them at length.

Everyone who invests in cloud companies needs to pay attention to what AWS is doing. They have an insatiable appetite to swallow the whole stack, methodically, step by step.

1 Like

Any thought on CLDR ( cloudra )?

For the month of January 2020,

Option +8.5% :smiley: Plunged a lot during the last few days because of BIDU*.
AAPL +3.0% :grinning:
Cloud +17.6% :smile:
Index -1.0% :disappointed:

*Since BIDU is buynhold, may be should be removed to make number looks good :slight_smile:

@Jil Please giggle, is a far cry from 28% and 45.6% of BYND.
@wuqijun Please laugh loudly, is a far cry from +51.2% of TSLA.

No match to WQJ, I surrender to you and wqj. Even though I followed TSLA, I missed holding big amount.

I just hold 2.5% of TSLA, 2.5% of AMZN, 5% GOOGL, 2.5% AAPL, but 25% BYND (let me see).

Cloud computing era is also the era of Indian CEOs.
CEO Google/Alphabet
CEO Microsoft
CEO Adobe
CEO NTNX
Now…

IBM’s New CEO Is Mastermind Behind Cloud Strategy for Growth

They have all spent their adult life working for American Companies in US. Arvind Krishna, IBM CEO attended IIT Kanpur for under graduate education. IIT Kanpur was sponsored by United States through consortium of US universities among which, UC Berkeley was one of them. In 1960s, studying at IIT Kanpur was, in many ways, same as studying at UC Berkeley. After 1970, Indian and US parted way due to political differences and heightened cold war, in which India moved to Soviet Bloc. But, the piece DNA it left behind remained. IIT Kanpur used to be a very sought after school back in the days. These days I have so little respect left for UC berkeley, and it has become such a small replica of what it once was. We will see how it does in future. Thankfully, they (UCB people) have stopped allowing rioters to run amok in the campus and terrorizing people who speak their mind.

No wonder. Already very American while in India.

Even more American.

So many Indians climb the US corporate ladder so easily, I was wondering they have to be being felt like one of them to do so, that is, behave like Americans, talk like Americans, sound like Americans, think like Americans and live like Americans. Now I understand.

Actually, links are easier to make if you consider that history of all these countries, like UK, Canada, USA, India , Australia, New Zealand, HongKong etc had huge British influence in last 250 years because they were part of British Commonwealth. English education came to India in late 1700 at a very small scale, and as a private effort (mark the word “private”). English education would not become official for another 30-40 years.

The British Technical education in India started as a small draftsmen school in 1847 at a place called Roorke when skilled personnel to dig Ganga Canal were needed. After passing through several renaming and transformation, it is called IIT -Roorkee today.

Another trivia. Not all early IITs of India (5 of them) were sponsored by USA. Different countries helped India to build base for engineering education. Like IIT-Bombay was sponsored by Soviet Union, IIT Chennai was sponsored by Germany. IIT Delhi was sponsored by UK.

Modern Indian Legal System and Administrative system were created during British Period, therefore, lot of it is shared (though not exactly copied ) with American System.

And, the funniest of all, is that North America was discovered by chance (serendipity??) in 1492, when Columbus who was sailing to find a sea route to India ended up on the shores of America. Historically, India and Europe had a land route for ever, but a need for sea route was felt in 1400’s to avoid passing through middle east that was no longer safe for traders and travelers between India and Europe.

2 Likes

History books no longer use this word, sensitive. There were already 100 million human beings in North America when Columbus arrived.

Discovered (= found) is the OK word because one group of people was discovered (not created ) by the other group. But, your point is well taken.

8 Cloud Stocks To Own In 2020 according to BAC,
Stock, Target
CRM, $215
AMZN, $2330
MSFT, $162
GOOGL, $1620
ADBE, $350
TWLO, $138
SPLK, $170
VEEV, $192

SPLK and WDAY are running away from me! after I sold them, what to do! As usual, too greedy is buying back price! Buy back at higher price?

He said his company bought into Workday when it was at about $140 per share.

Damn, he got in earlier than me. $166, more than 20% more.

The human resources-focused software company has seen its stock rise by about 20% so far in 2020.

20% is very good but not in this raging bull.

1 Like