College-entrance Bribery Scheme. The Failed American Education System

We not only have nowadays the assumption, and it’s real, that you can be a criminal, but if you are well connected to the presidency, or, having more than enough $ in your bank account it makes you the poster child for the corruption destroying this country one day at a time.

The Justice Department on Tuesday charged 50 peopleincluding two television stars — with being part of a long-running bribery scheme to get privileged children with lackluster grades into big-name colleges and universities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi-accuses-wealthy-parents-including-celebrities-in-college-entrance-bribery-scheme/ar-BBUGhsh?ocid=spartanntp

Why now? Is an open secret that such people can get their children in with one phone call.

1 Like

Because usually society plays a deaf ear to this, money buys anything. But, it takes one confident, reliable source of information and an agent of any agency with authority to investigate to unravel the deception.

Now, I remember some posters were beaching about Asians or Chinese not being accepted in colleges. There it is, one part of the equation. :wink:

They cheated on standardized tests. That’s the real issue. Parents have made donations for kids to get admission for decades. Who cares. People complaining about it would never get into the school anyway.

Also, some people directly bribed admissions staff. I’m sure that angered the school. Their employee got the money and not the school.

1 Like

This is the real issue :open_mouth:

1 Like

Somebody was paid to take the test for other kids. That means, money doesn’t buy intelligence. I know so, I’ve seen it with my own eyes, people get rich by hitting the lotto, inheritance, you name it, but it didn’t take them that much of space in that skull.

But, imagine a college, any university that by their standards gives away some scholarships, but seeing the $ donations = demands from rich parents to enroll their kids in their schools, they will eliminate the scholarships and in their attempt to get money they may send smart kids somewhere else.

Cheating is the issue, and that’s something we should not praise nor allow. Next time you will be the one cheated by them.

1 Like

Crooks hang together. They are from Menlo Park, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Atherton, and Hillsborough. None from SV :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheaters are the “leading voice for social responsibility”?

Wondering how they view the admissions of children from the high ranked government officials? Is it a corruption?

‘According to Recode, “McGlashan has positioned himself as a leading voice in Silicon Valley for social responsibility.” ‘

1 Like

Since we are touching that topic who else is the most corrupt and cheater in this country? $2.5 million donation? And this guy has a security clearance while experts on the matter got theirs taken away?..…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/college-admissions-scam-rekindles-scrutiny-of-kushners-harvard-acceptance-dollar25m-pledge/ar-BBUHtgT?ocid=sf

Nice to see a Justice Department doing something other than ginning up race riots, attacking the police and shaking down corporations for donations to Dem front groups. What a breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

The rich have always skirted the rules. Not news. If the dad wants to donate a ton of money why not let his idiot son in.
How else did W get into Yale? Or Al Gore get into Harvard?

1 Like

Who would have known this? One of the security agencies trashed by the treasonous president, the FBI is taking care of cheaters as they took all his criminal cohorts to jail. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I can’t believe it, it must be fake news!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

The Justice Department on Tuesday charged 50 people — including two television stars — with being part of a long-running bribery scheme to get privileged children with lackluster grades into big-name colleges and universities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi-accuses-wealthy-parents-including-celebrities-in-college-entrance-bribery-scheme/ar-BBUGhsh?ocid=spartanntp

“”“Wealthy parents ensnared in a massive college admissions scheme may have another worry on the horizon: the IRS.”"""

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/taxes-and-penalties-may-await-wealthy-parents-in-college-admissions-scam/ar-BBUJrfE?ocid=spartanntp

what’s the price for getting an admission. An MIT alumni, but would prefer sending kid to harvard or stanford :stuck_out_tongue: gotta start saving. kids aint cheap.

1 Like

I think I once saw Cornell is only 500k or so? Saw a Chinese article with prices on WeChat a while back.

Also notice that there weren’t any Asians among the Bay Area parents. Asians still foolishly believe in the meritocracy BS, even when Harvard explicitly set up rules to keep us out. What a bunch of cheap losers.

2 Likes

Why did Jeb Bush go to UT instead? Was Bush Sr broke when Jeb graduated HS? :rofl:

I think Yale did not lose on Bush since it got a B or C student but gained a president. There are also dumb ones who do not even do well after graduation

i’d prefer to invest that money into my kid’s start up.

1 Like

Well let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I have seen first hand what meritocracy might mean in different contexts :slight_smile:

East coast is racist. Stay in west coast.

1 Like