Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

“China’s Hubei province reported an additional 242 deaths and 14,840 new cases as of Feb. 12 — a sharp increase from the previous day. The province said it is starting to include “clinically diagnosed” cases in its figures and that 13,332 of the new cases fall under that classification.”

So does this mean that using an apples to apples comparison there were only 1508 new cases?

Inovio was reportedly able to develop the vaccine in about three hours after it obtained the DNA sequence of the virus…Last month, Inovio received a $9 million grant from the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations to develop the vaccine against the COVID-19 virus.

1 Like

INO and other 3 drug makers: They went up with that hype and came down as it takes longer time to develop a reliable vaccine with FDA approval (even if it has rush approval).

Second, Lot of tourism, oil consumption, supply chain network are getting affected. This time stocks will come down with a real impact of Coronovirus and takes longer to recover, but I do not know when !

1 Like

@manch Told you AMZN idea of using both hands is craps. Should be contactless🤨

But during a speech Xi delivered February 3, which was published by state media on Saturday, he said he gave instructions on fighting the virus as early as January 7.

The disclosure also opens Xi up to criticism over why the general population was not alerted sooner.

His instruction on Jan 7 is either ignore or ineffective. Anyhoo the bug stop at him. How many times can Xi screw up before CCP tell him to pack up and go home?

An international team of WHO experts will arrive in Beijing this weekend for a joint mission with Chinese counterparts.

Apparently CDC wants to join in but deny for obvious reason, everybody know USA is known to send spies along :crazy_face:

When the decline will start? Or how long to recover? I think some monies are already leaving.

I have been selling into the rally for IQ, now holding 15% of peak holding.

No idea when and how long? Recent times, last 3 dips, pull back happened with 5 to 10 days, and index pull back was 3%-6% range.

I have few stocks up above 20%, like AMZN, TSLA etc, never bother to sell this time as the price won’t fall up to purchase level.

But, if the market corrects, like dec 2018 based on corona virus, it is big issue.

There are big alarming reports on impact is coming out of it now. I do not know whether to believe them or not. See here

You can see live updates here

300 potential apex of spreading? Prepare for Covid-19 epidemic in USA! I have bought a few dozens of surgical masks, pretty hard to get even in Austin. Sweep the drug stores for medical supplies NOW!

Impacting 5 million businesses don’t mean much. Small ones probably can’t withstand any hiccups anyway.

1 Like

Many of those deaths have been among older people and those with preexisting conditions that make them more susceptible to serious illness from viral infections.

We see relatively few cases among children. More research is needed to understand why."

The covid-19 loves old people.

“Many of those deaths have been among older people and those with preexisting conditions that make them more susceptible to serious illness from viral infections”

That’s true of all viruses including the common flu. I don’t get why a new type of flu virus causes such chaos every few years.

1 Like

Earlier reports by Chinese health authorities and the World Health Organisation said that the first known patient showed symptoms on December 8, and that most of the subsequent cases had links to the seafood market, which was closed on January 1.

According to the study, which was published on the institute’s website on Thursday, analysis suggested that the coronavirus was introduced from outside the market.

“The crowded market then boosted SARS-CoV-2 circulation and spread it to the whole city in early December 2019,” it said.

Meanwhile, Xiang Nijuan, a researcher at the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, said in an interview with state broadcaster CCTV on Saturday that people infected with the new coronavirus were contagious two days before they showed any symptoms.

Therefore anyone who had been in close contact with someone within 48 hours of them being confirmed as infected should put themselves in isolation for 14 days, he said.

According to an analysis published by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, although men and women being are infected by the coronavirus in equal measure, the death rate among men is double that of the women who are infected.

Random? Or truth? Or consistent with the ratio of men vs women in China?

Coronavirus brings light to the $35 billion vaccine market
“For every dollar invested in vaccination in the world’s 94 lowest-income countries, the net return is $44. Hard to argue against,” an analyst said.

The firm said the industry has consolidated to four big players that account for about 85% of the market — British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline, French pharmaceutical company Sanofi, and U.S.-based Merck and Pfizer.

BTFD.

Best bet is REGN. 2nd is GILD.

Some crazy cult church members visited Wuhan. :frowning:

1 Like

Around a dozen towns in Italy, the eurozone’s third-largest economy, have been put on lockdown as authorities in the northern Lombardy and Veneto regions race to contain the outbreak.

Some 50,000 inhabitants are thought to be affected by a series of “urgent measures” announced on Sunday, including restrictions on moving in and out of the affected areas.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/european-asian-markets-plunge-on-coronavirus-fears-as-italian-region-goes-on-lockdown-083226631.html

Men generally have more bad habits than women. More drinking, more smoking, more fat. That could make them less resilient.

1 Like

In addition, I read an article saying that the church used fingerprint recognition system to enter the building. It requires individual to touch the detector for quite long time (at least long enough to pass the virus). This seems to be the most reasonable theory on such a huge outbreak from one church.

1 Like

@manch favorite AMZN’s revolutionary biometric system. Told him no way I will touch anything except my iPhone and Apple watch.

1 Like