Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

He can’t work alone because someone would call police on him or what? My neighbor’s landscape guy was working yesterday… at 8am…

1 Like

Let see what are the essential providers that are still open - grocery stores. Are those people going to restock shelves knowing that they expose themselves to the virus and only earn minimum wage (or slightly above that) while they can potentially get $25/hr for unemployment benefits?

We are going to be out of food soon.

3 Likes

This tool from UW projects hospital resource usage state by state. In CA the peak is projected to come on 4/24, when 148 people will die on that day. CA should have enough hospital beds but may be short on ICU beds.

Total death toll in CA is projected to reach 6K by August.

Maintenance and storage costs for the programs were about $5.8 million a year, according to state records — $1.7 million for the hospitals and $4.1 million for the medical stockpile.

2 Likes

Need to verify this when the detailed law is out. There could be many exceptions. Min wage should be the max for unemployment wage.

No. The Dems already rejected that when the Republicans proposed to amend the bill by capping unemployment insurance at 100% of salary.

1 Like

Anyhoo prefer to read the final official version.

…patients can also be ventilated with a simple, hand-operated bag valve mask.

Too risky for the healthcare workers :no_mouth:

Meanwhile, a 101-year-old man was released from hospital after recovering from the coronavirus, Gloria Lisi, the deputy mayor of the Italian city of Rimini, has said.

The man, who has been named only as “Mr. P,” was admitted to hospital in Rimini, northeast Italy, last week after testing positive for Covid-19 and left the hospital on Thursday.

Lisi said his “truly extraordinary” recovery gave “hope for the future.”

“Mr. P made it. The family brought him home yesterday evening. To teach us that even at 101 years the future is not written,” she said.

Mr. P was born in 1919, during the Spanish flu pandemic, which is estimated to have killed between 30 million and 50 million people worldwide.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/europe/101-year-old-coronavirus-scli-intl/index.html

Nice way to kill Real Estate Business. Should it not be left between landlord and the tenant to handle this? Governors are using this opportunity to assert the power of government in the places where not really needed.

1 Like

I heard these ship will not be used for coronavirus patients, but to ease the uninfected ones

Washington unemployment is $749/wk so $1,349 with the boost. I think the issue would be buying healthcare once unemployed, but lower wage people get it at a subsidized rate on the exchange anyway. It probably is better for a bunch of people to be unemployed.

2 Likes

I am starting to think we may exceed 1M cases. We have already breached 100k and curve still hasn’t noticeably bent. Turkey looks very bad. I read an article claiming there’s a massive outbreak going on in Japan but lack of testing is putting a lid on reported cases. Meanwhile Hong Kong and Singapore are struggling to combat the second wave.

1 Like

Well you know what that means. No food for you sooner than the other states. Empty shelves coming to a store near you.

US death toll doubles every three days.

New York, Catalonia, Madrid, Paris: new urban epicenters.

London curve steepens, more than 60 new deaths in last 24h.

Florida & California steepening.

You didn’t stock up for 6 months?