Defeat Prop 10: Strict Rent Control, Housing Freeze, Economy Freeze and Frozen Tech

Berkeley is it’s own little island :smiley:
I said majority (of cities / counties) won’t pass it (not that all wouldn’t). You will need to understand the underlying demographics as with any investment and be prepared to move out or double down as the ground changes under you\

That is not the Chinese way. My task is to get them a wife and then born sons :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why get sons if they are useless? :thinking:

We have different requirements. Turnover is expensive when houses are under PMed.

I won’t report you to DOJ :rofl:

But over time, the scenario can happen.

Once a policy is not neutral, it will create a lot of conflicts. Over time, it will become extreme.

One example, I just gave a prediction which you don’t like. This minor conflict has resulted a threat of voting for Prop 10. If I continue to eacatate this coflict for 20 years, it would be unimaginable what you will do :joy:

The best public policy is to be neutral and minimize conflict among the population. This is my #1 criteria to judge a policy.

1 Like

Chinese says no sons is not filial piety. Every other things can be forgiven. No son is the worst.

Are you putting pressure on @wuqijun?

1 Like

Don’t buy property in Democratic districts, el Dorado county is safe, McClintock country

We have to fight back in the whole state. We will fight for a neutral policy in order to have a long term good outcome for everyone.

People are not stupid. Those few bad manipulators will get defeated sooner or later.

The manipulators always use the divide and conquer strategy to make us fight with each other to benefit the manipulators. They would tax you to reward me one year. And then rob you to pay me a few years later. They don’t really care about you and me, they want to rip off both of us.

No pressure. I’m the antithesis of filial piety. I want the US government to send my parents away to internment camps like what happened to the Japanese so that I can reliquish my financial obligation towards them.

But now that I think about it, @hanera, @manch also only has daughters and no sons. So he’s in no place to say anything about me…

What a son did your parent get. They must be regretting their decision

I think you disgraced your parents tons more than I ever did…

I am modeling myself after Obama and Bush. :smile:

And Putin! :scream:

Beats Xi who has only one daughter. :smile:

Your Y Chromosome will become extinct. You will not be able to face your ancestors after you die… :rofl:

Why care after you die?

I don’t, I’m only modeling after @hanera’s “Chinese way”… :rofl:

I keep hearing you say what prop 10 will do. Prop 10 only returns control to local cities. It doesn’t do anything else. if you say it does, include a link to a believable source to prove it,

1 Like

UC Berkeley economist warns that repealing the Costa-Hawkins Rental Housing Act would worsen the state’s housing shortage.

Prop 10 would repeal Costa Hawkins, it would remove the safety measure on vacancy control and allow rent control on single family house and condos. Prop 10 also would allow rent control on new constructions.

The problem is that the bay area is waaaaay too left crazy “out there”. So if prop 10 passes and gives control to local “way left crazy” cities to enact whatever rent control ordinance they wish, then places like SF and Berkeley will instantly go bezerk.

General California is a mix of right, left, and middle voters. That’s why I support Costa-Hawkins — as a state law, it moderates the worst instincts of the leftists here in SF / Berkeley by requiring buy-in from the CA population of 40 million, versus 750K “crazies” in SF alone, for instance.

3 Likes