Dow Down 666 Points

My tenants are poor. They are more worried about my attorney than I am of theirs.

1 Like

As far as stocks they can drop fast. Real estate takes a whole lot longer time to decline.

1 Like

船头怕鬼,船尾怕贼
大丈夫做事,说干就 干

Bow fears ghosts, stern fears pirates
In getting things done, say want to to do then do

So you are going to BTFD on black Monday?

Every Monday is a black Monday now?

1 Like

杯中蛇影
Storm in a teacup

Yes. :scream:

1 Like

草木皆兵
View any movement in the grasslands as soldiers

The volatility creates both opportunities and dangers, depending on how you react. If you’re feeling nervous about the volatility, the headlines, politics or anything else, don’t alter your portfolio. Rather, disengage (including ignoring news and not looking at your portfolio) until you get back into a calmer mood. You’ll make more rational decisions by doing so.

危机 - Got 危险 (risk) means got 机会 (opportunity)

Think in Terms of Time Horizons—Money you don’t need for at least seven to 10 years should be allocated to stocks. You have more than enough time to ride out any volatility. On the other hand, money you need within the next few years should be allocated to cash. This cash bucket not only reduces the odds of having to sell stocks during a downturn, it can also give you peace of mind. Knowing your shorter-term needs are covered can give you the confidence to handle more volatility with your long-term investments.

Cash not bonds or Treasuries :slight_smile:

Buy the Dips—CFRA Research’s chief investment strategist Sam Stovall found buying stocks during each 7% decline threshold in the S&P 500 (7%, 14%, etc.) can be a profitable strategy. In fact, he thinks an investor who followed such a strategy in the past “would have looked like a terrific market timer.”

Didn’t know this rule. Guess my next buy should be when VOO = 208 :roll_eyes: May be 225 :wink:

Bought F10 twice, very bad, should be once because S&P is only 10% below ATH.

Downplay or Outright Ignore Forecasts—Lots of prognosticators are going to give advice about what to do. Relatively few will admit to lacking confidence in their predictions. Yet, a big part of the volatility is that market participants don’t know how trade policy will actually change and what new/revised tariffs will be implemented—much less their actual impact on the economy and earnings.

Ignore Jil? :crazy_face:

Ignore the Volatility—The constant focus on what the market did today has nothing to do with investors’ long-term goals. If you don’t need the money over the short term, then what happens over the short term shouldn’t matter as long as you end up where you need to be over the long term. Will there be adjustments to make along the way? Certainly, but they should be driven by your strategy and/or changes in your personal situation (age, lifecycle events, etc.) not whether Mr. Market is in a good or bad mood on a given day.

Your opportunity may come next Monday. :smiling_imp:

4% drop? Sure?

ATH for S&P is 2872.87
7% decline = 2671.77
14% decline = 2470.67
21% decline = 2269.57

Last Friday’s close = 2604.47
Lowest so far 2553.80 (11.1% decline from ATH)

20% decline = bear market = 2298.30
Long time more for disaster, manch.

Other than trade war news, is there fundamental reasons behind?jobs report was not very good

Guess you’ve read those news :slight_smile: about the real reason for the stock market weakness is the economy is about to go into a recession.

1 Like

Fear monger :frowning:

Not really !

If it’s only news driven, why do you care? You can just live like wuqijun and don’t care a bit about the market. Long term everything will be fine. Even a recession won’t matter in the long term.

Is there a good tl;dr; of the jobs numbers?

Your comment is way off point in that you don’t know my position (view) at all. Clearly show you didn’t follow the conversation. A little knowledge is very dangerous. You should read the entire 10x thread right from the beginning and every post. I have made my position very clearly many times, truly surprised you can still make those comment.

1 Like

Can you summarize the whole thing in 140 words or less? Real thing should not take more than 140 words to describe

:rofl:

Extreme length often shows weakness of the argument.