Drought is over

They don’t want geothermal either as I mentioned in another thread.
But they’re not anarchists. Quite the reverse. Anarchy from an academic standpoint is order sustained by social contract rather than a controlling central authority. These extremists want a centralized authority controlling every aspect of our ever-degrading lives.

2 Likes

Ok . Enviro Nazis… is that more apt?

1 Like

Yes. They also stood up for the chickens and now we not only lack energy and water independence, we lack egg independence.
We won’t stop millions of illegals from crossing the border but if any American tries to bring eggs across the iron boot-heal of their federal government will come come down across their neck. THAT we have the resources for.

4 Likes

We are already at 111% of normal for the whole year. With record snow levels. Almost all reservoirs are over their seasonal averages.
Meanwhile they are dumping water instead of sending it to the California Water system serving SoCal.

15’ of snow near Kirkwood

2 Likes
1 Like

We are in better shape than last year, but essentially same situation at the beginning of the game. In the 3rd and 4th quarter last year, we couldn’t score ANY rain. What happened? D.R.O.U.G.H.T.

All I am saying is, let’s hope for continued rain through April, not bone dry Feb-Apr…

1 Like

Given the lack of storage infrastructure I think CA’s only hope is that even more people move out.

2 Likes

I thought Los Angeles was building said storage - win-win situation - they can wash their cars in the heat of the summer and not be subject to flooding in the rainy season.

The news media continues to lie all the time. Making forecasts without any basis in truth. Tahoe drying up? Worst drought in 1200 years? 128 years? How about 1976/7?
Now back to full pool. 6225’. Probably get to its highest ever by July a maximum dam height of 6229 feet. And that is without any more precipitation. Look up the Ca state water levels. Do not listen to the news media peddling climate change to promote their nihilism propaganda and progress politics. We have plenty of water . We just need better water management. Ever major dam in the state is above normal for this time of year, except Shast

1 Like
1 Like

The news media has created the Doomer Generation.
There is no hope. We are doomed. As someone who grew up with the threat of nuclear annihilation. I find the current angst pathetic.

1 Like

Shasta and Oroville will at capacity by June. 200% normal snow pack. From a 1200 year drought to full capacity in 2 months worth of rain. Forget Greta and Al howling at the moon. We need more capacity than 2 months worth of rain. Don’t listen to the drought naysayers.
Just build 4 new dams. And increase the capacity of existing dams

Doesn’t mean a damn thing if we literally stopped right now and get not another drop in the bucket and we get warm weather in your neck of the woods (again, like last year)…

We already have enough snow on the ground that will fill the lake and reservoirs. Just like 16/17. When the lake went up 8’ by June

But that is what happened last year. I am sure you remember that, no? Too much snow as of December and then literally nothing after that. Remember? Look at how nice the weather is now… not good.

We have twice as much snow as last year. Plus we don’t meet the drought people’s agenda. So they switched their narrative. Massive flooding ahead. 1200 droughts to 1200 year floods. How gullible do they think we are?

1 Like

@Elt1 , how can you even compare the agony and pain of what my generation goes through to yours? Yesterday, I went to Starbucks and ordered my regular oat-milk caramel vanilla mocha grande and spelled out my name clearly to the barista. To my horror, not only the barista mispronounced my name but also she addressed me as sir!! Just because I have long beard doesn’t give her license to assume my gender!

I’ll take sudden annihilation from nuclear over this constant reminder that we are living in a world where many baristas behave as if it’s 2020!

4 Likes

Lol. I remember my experience at the Oakland Induction Center when I was classified 1A for the draft every time a woke asshole tries to lecture my generation. I would have loved to see one go through that experience. Basically the government had the right to force you to fight and die for a pointless war 12,000 miles away.
If I had only known I could have identified as non binary and been classified 4F. On black guy showed up in a pink Chanel suit, matching hat shoes and panties. He had to strip down like all the rest of us. Hardly anyone was classified 4F.
My draft lottery number was 13. I was scheduled to be drafted in January 1973. Nixon ended the draft 50 years ago this Friday
Being a Berkeley liberal at that time, I hated him. After 1/27/73 I liked him a bit more.
A life changing event for me.

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/01/us-military-draft-ends-jan-27-1973-072085?_amp=true

2 Likes

Almost every reservoir is full unless held low for flood control or earthquake retro fitting. . Many are over full pool. Orville is 111% of average. Shasta is now 87% . Both will have full pool by June. Tahoe is 6” below full pool . Will top the dam by June at 6229’
The drought is over. But that doesn’t fit into the political narrative. So they raised allocations to farmers to only 30% . They think they are being generous… it’s 6 times what they allocated last year
Draconian water restrictions still in effect
Meanwhile we getting 12” of snow today. Bigger storms next weekend.

Hey, I don’t write this stuff… LOL

California wildfires pose a new risk to snowpack, scientists say (sfchronicle.com)