Everything About Electric Vehicles

Meanwhile EV stocks collapse. Wonder if Tesla will end up doing a reverse split?

EV market won’t collapse, but is facing same pressure from economical issue. TSLA won’t reverse split, stay same.

At the end of economical revival, ICEd cars will slowly shutdown and EVs will take over as the cost of manufacturing decreases and battery technology improves.

Simply, EV transformation will take place at the end of economic revival.

Not with plug-in electrics it won’t. Charging time is a show stopper.

How much demand for $60k plus cars in a recession?

Recession are meant for demand killing. We have seen even $15k cars are not selling at recessionary phase as this is second highest expense other than Real estate.

If I remember correct, no one drives more than 350 miles in a single stretch and give a cooling time 20-30 minutes in between. The highest TSLA gives 350 miles/charge range.

When miles/charge increases to 500 miles/charge and battery cost is reduced, EVs are way to go.

IMO, after this recession, may be in 5 years EVs will be picked fast as likely chances 500 miles/charge will be normal at that time.

Range is all but irrelevant. If after those 350 miles (200 or less under many driving conditions) you need to plug the vehicle into your dryer outlet or other 220 source for 11 hours or more to get another 200-300 miles of range you’ve got very little. A vehicle useful for short, predictable trips which must be paired with a gasoline powered car to have a viable means of personal transportation.

New EVs with 800 volt architecture fast charge to 80% in about 20 minutes. Just enough time to go to the bathroom and grab a burrito. The only downside is more rural trips where there’s too much distance between fast chargers.

1 Like

When @acre and @Elt1 finally switch to EVs then we probably moved onto some new tech by then .

:joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl: :wink:

I jest.

4 Likes

Any trip out of urban or suburban areas is a rural trip. Hence the need to pair the glorified golf cart with a real car. Or avoid it altogether if one lives rural as millions of Americans do. The other wild card is just exactly how far the “green new deal” will go and what that will do to electricity prices and availability. Electric cars depend on a grid run by fossil fuels or nuclear power which everyone seems to still hate.

I drive so little it really doesn’t matter what I drive. In snow country the current EVs are useless… not enough ground clearance. Gas mileage means nothing if you are stuck in the snow. Plus solar is useless under snow cover. If I bought a Tesla it would be a third car. I actually thought about getting a farm truck but bought a trailer instead. Have only used it twice. Better to rent than buy. As far as an EV I’ve No room for it. It would just sit and rot. Hardly anyone on this forum has one including Wu.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 12.21.55 AM

After 119 years, EV is back.

https://twitter.com/wef/status/983743026391650305?s=20&t=L3OT-28cexVVqZ2nUfzttw

What was passe’ is the future. Bring back the past is innovation!

When 500 miles/charge comes, most likely by TSLA in 3-5 years, everything changes. There is no 220 source 11 hours in highway, but it is home chargers.

Highway chargers are 30 minute chargers for 80%, very practical with 500 miles range.

I went to LA two times with GM Bolt 200 miles/charge, stopped two times each way. With 350 miles, it can be one 30 mins, with 500 miles, no need to recharge in highway.

Plugins are waste as they do not have range more than 50 miles per charge. They are actually ICE only. No benefit of owning a Plugin

So far, I drove 4 EVs, current one is 5th EV (TSLA - 350 range).

Every few months we have the same debate. :laughing:

2 Likes

They have not driven any EV except some test drive (if any).

Plugins are no way near GM Bolt and TSLA. Because of TSLA and government support, EV market is poised to grow (by competitions).

I see many TSLAs are running between San Jose and LA on highway 5.