Everything About Food

It’s not Malaysia though.

Malaysians don’t eat Pizza. They eat Nasi Lemak and drink Cendol.

Nasi Lemak
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 8.57.24 PM

Cendol

Malaysia and Singapore are so great. Why are we doing in America?

Great for food :slight_smile:

Great for making money :money_mouth_face:

My first night in Penang (quarantined for a week) I was stuck since they said I had to go straight to the condo from airport. Ok, no food. I remembered seeing a pizza place in one of the ground floor store fronts when I arrived. God, that was horrible pizza. Yes, do not go to Penang, Malaysia for pizza…

Have you had Tonys pizza? I had Pizza Hut pizza in Thailand… was pretty good. Probably pretty hard to get good buffalo mozzarella in Asia.

I have not ventured back into the Fab 7x7 as much as I would have thought. I am actually loving semi suburb life here in San Bruno. But Tony’s in North Beach is on the radar since our family building is within walking distance. To be #2 in the world is saying something…

it’s good just $$$

Malaysia!!!

1 Like

Roti canai though born in Malaysia, root was brought by South Indians and is called parotta

Hey man, don’t be throwing some shade on my beloved Malaysia!!! LOL

1 Like

The coolest bread I have ever had was in Turkey. A flat bread that was cooked like a balloon. You would take and tear off a piece and the hot air would come out… basically pita bread… the freshest I ever had.

Thailand alone makes up 99% of total durian exports in the 10-nation Southeast Asian bloc comprising Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Sure this is correct? Singaporeans eat durians from Malaysia only. Grade: Sultan, Mao Shan Wang, etc. There is a huge durian plantation in Malaysia (can’t remember the exact location)… started decades ago to specifically target the China’s market. This year durian season, export to China drops a lot so durians are dirt cheap in Singapore.

Perhaps true about amount from Thailand, but my understanding from wifey is that Malaysian durian is vastly superior to Thailand’s.

I am told that I can’t become a Penangnite or Malaysian retiree if I don’t start drinking the Kool-Aid, err, start eating and loving the stinky fruit…

Can’t have Mexican food without lard