Everything Prefab

I would rather have a doublewide…Can buy them used in Oklahoma for $8k…Ship anywhere for less than $5k…

This seems to be a slight (not much) ungrade from a mobile home trailer no? Yes, more expensive for sure but hopefully seems to be more of a house too…

I’m not sure how much of the new homes in Seattle are prefab, but a lot of them look it. It’s made me think about buying land and going that route. From looking at land prices, there must be a lot of time and/or money in getting all the permits before building. Lots without approved plans are MUCH cheaper than lots with approved plans.

It may be something for you to look into, since your area is booming. Prefab is def the near future. Lil Johnny is not picking up a hammer as much as we like and costs are going through the roof. Come on, Google is contracting with a modular builder. Enough said…

1 Like

Wow, very cool…

Prefab is not practical for infill housing or second units…The units have to be craned in…Most older subdivisions have overhead wires and in law unit have to be placed in backyards…The solution for housing problems in California is all about zoning not construction techniques. .LA needs taller height limits and more land zoned for high density residential development. …just like the BA…

I believe they have perfected it that now it can be flat packed and trucked in. You thought you were done with IKEA after getting a few dollars. Nope!!!

I doubt that…Plus even packed flat…too heavy to pick up and carry to the back yard…Cranes are required

Ok, how about some blocks then???

Here you go prefab self storage.

http://www.universalstoragecontainers.com/customize.php

Sweet, add in a garage can for a toilet that = a studio apartment for $1,250?

Funny how they always show prefabs in pristine rural areas…Like car commercials on rural roads…Unreal, not practical. .We need urban solutions. .High rise modular housing makes sense…Tiny pod houses pictured on rural acreage is just pandering…

1 Like

The IKEA of housing!!!

Ok, time to change the thread title…

http://www.builderonline.com/building/entekra-start-up-showcases-a-game-changing-home-construction-model_o