Facebook bombed. Anyone buying?

Future of FB is not FB. Is Instagram and WhatsApp :slight_smile: I told BAGB in earlier posts. Zuck is also trying some hardware stuffs. FB is kind of matured. If you are considering only FB, then shouldn’t buy.

China has tons of cool infotainment platform, Zuck can copy from them since they are in Chinese only and not competing with FB.

2 Likes

Being a devil’s advocate despite being someone like you who killed off his FB presence (except I did it in 2011 I think). What FB has going for it is the ability to re-invent themselves and being willing to buy or copy to make sure they keep up with their users. Instagram has really come from behind to take out SNAP after Mark failed to buy SNAP. The one area they have failed to execute on is making messenger more like WeChat. My understanding is that FB recognizes that and just reshuffled their execs so they have a new leader for messenger

1 Like

So have you reduced exposure to any of your Aapl?

More detailed than what I have said in earlier post.

That many AAPLs? AAPLs have matured already, giving dividends is a sure sign. AAPL is now a passive income instrument that print $x dollar per quarter that would increase 10-15% (much more than inflation rate) per year. Foolish to let go AAPLs. Borrowing on margin to invest in other growth stocks is ok, thought you’re aware of this? Getting old?

The social platform FB is becoming a cash cow (not a dog yet), Zuck knows it. Any FB investor should know. So long have new businesses (stars) is ok to invest in FB. Just monitor the progress of Zuck’s new toys.

1 Like

Cash cow indeed. Laugh all the way to the bank. :rofl:

Fbs future partly is in fan.

What’s fan?

BAGB is funny. Put your finger into the rotating blades and tell me how you feel.

So long FB is above $160, long term trend is unbroken.

From chart below, gap filling is only down to $160 :slight_smile:

Bought amzn, feels more secure with amazon

N bomb followed by F bomb. Hope the remaining A and A won’t bomb. G had a rocket.

Feeing nervous with A

I would even buy Tesla if if dropped 25% in one day.

I feel that with all the money companies have repatriated, this is a great time for them to buy back their shares cheaply. FB growth numbers are still great for a company of that size.

Audience network

How many fb did you buy

I thought about it for a bit and also read some commentaries. I am pretty convinced the long term prospect of FB hasn’t materially changed. FB has warned about slower growth for many months. Zuck wants to dial down the drug dose and make Facebook less lethal. Er I mean less viral. Like a virus you don’t want to make the host so sick it dies off too soon. Healthier hosts are more profitable for the virus aka Facebook long term.

The new privacy law in Europe is slowing down user growth there. More privacy control also impacts ad load. Users continue to migrate to mobile and instagram stories as a new ad format is less familiar to advertisers. IG is the new FB and we may be in an awkward phase when FB growth is slowing down more than IG can compensate. WhatsApp hasn’t even started monetizing meaningfully yet. With the oust of its shitty founders it can turbocharge FB rev.

All in all I am still a long term bull.

Manch,

That’s all? Elaborate the same info? Disappointed. Give us some new stuffs :crazy_face:

I don’t care about being original or even being right. I just want to make a few (million) bucks. :smile:

Yah. Did you buy at the dip (@manch)

Thot u were already worth 8 digits

Nah. I have heavy margin. I need to sell some.