Facebook bombed. Anyone buying?

So was mine.

You know it’s true. Why argue for argue’s sake? Play with data at https://www.paysa.com

You guys like to talk about the past instead of recently. Is it still true in the recent 6-12 months? My feeling Apple pays as well as the other two for AI/ ML skills. Those public pay sites are not good because it includes very old data.

Pay attention to the rapid change in title of the HR chief and the appointment holders.

JG was an exception. And JG definitely was one of the most Google-esque person in Search which makes me wonder how he’d handle being at Apple.

Otoh, theres a huge (in the order of thousands) pool that came from aapl to goog recently. And the cultural difference in those teams are shocking.

Amazon/Apple: I would use their product any time, and even buy their stocks, but would never work for them.

2 Likes

You work in Google too?

You need to learn from @harriet and start paying more attention. :smile:

We have quite a few Googlers here. No one has publicly said they work for Facebook yet. C’mon. Tell us!

1 Like

Isn’t that the reason why Apple keeps changing HR chief :grinning: His recent could be more than 1 year. Dierdre O’Brien was appointed VP of people in Jul 2017. Obviously there is a big HR problem in Apple.

There is, but he’s been MIA for a month now :pensive: Facebook must be working him to death.

Same issue as Marcus? Overworked, underpaid and slow promotion?

Very enjoyable.

Wow. You do know everything! I did not know that!

In FB?

What I mean it is very enjoyable this forum, not in fb. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like @BAJacket, entertaining you guys has become a full time job :slight_smile:

Working at Facebook is probably quite demanding. Know a few people there and they definitely don’t have time to enjoy amenities like the on-site cafeteria. The company is keeping headcount pretty lean so I wouldn’t be surprised if most people there are workhorses.

If it’s a job then @BAJacket has been slacking off lately.

I know quite a few people working at FB. A few used to work at FB. They are my ex-PayPal coworkers. Not sure if they are overworked but all of them live in Menlo Park / Palo Alto / Los Altos with nice big houses.

Who’s buying today?

Fomos.

Maybe.

But you guys are the experts… in real estate and in stocks.

Huh? Not triggered. Too many bottom fishermen.