FEDs Raised Interests Rates Today. Did You Know That?

Because more than likely I will be long gone before year 7 hits…

1 Like

You mean back to the “Sunset”?

Although as I am prepping the place for my young tenant couple, I am really enjoying the area a lot and my neighbors are pretty cool. Let’s put it this way, when we move in in a few years, if we love it so much, we will more than likely sell our Sunset home and then just pay off the San Bruno home. We have options…

1 Like

What if you become greedy (to hold as rental) at that time, not to sell your sunset home?

He’s more likely to sell than hold given Prop F. His 7x7 is a goner.

Be mindful that we do not have any kids (nor wish to adopt any, sorry gang) so the end goal is to enjoy the latter stages of our lives fully. My Big Bro may have finally gotten it: yes, spend some of that wealth on yourself instead of giving it all to your ungrateful kids (ok, a tad extreme, but probably not far from the truth). Also, Sunset home is two story, not good on the knees when we are old. San Bruno rancher has that advantage but Sunset has the groceries access. What to do? Chinatown!!!

1 Like

who gets your inheritance?

U…C…LLLLLLLLL…A!!! UCLA, fight, fight fight!!!

(Don’t tell Mrs. sfdragonboy…)

Changing my name to ucla

I think that is stupid thouugh.

1 Like

What is stupid: changing your name or donating to UCLA?

Donating to ucla.

Its his money so i dont care i guess. I hope he st4uctured it using a specific format like only to be used for specific scholarship etc, and hopefully in sustainable ways instead of lumpsum.

He wants his name engraved in the bathroom there. He will probably get more thanks if he treats his fellow Sunset comrades to San Tung chicken wings with his inheritance than giving it to some thankless Gen Zs at UCLA.

Lol. So people can piss on him?

Again best donation is one that sustains. He can also think of doing donor advised funds to get some tax benefits etc. If he dies i guess it doesnt matter much :stuck_out_tongue:

The best type of donors are those who ask for nothing in return. I make fun of him but he actually has a good heart. Whether we agree with his donation is another story :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, @harriet! Seriously though, the UCLA donation thing is really more of a joke (uh, sorry UCLA administrators…). Yes, I suppose a small donation gesture wouldn’t be out of line or get me in hot water with the Mrs…

Your idea of a donation that continues to give is a good one. Maybe we do something in Chinatown to help immigrants transition here faster (job training, language skills, etc).

1 Like

You could potentially set up a trust with real estate that keeps giving its rents as donation. Now that’d be a sustainable one.

Donations to universities usually go into the endowment. They spend the investment gains of the endowment. That’s why Harvard has billions in its endowment fund. They don’t spend the principal that you donate.

Or, I could just set up a slush fund for you young cats to borrow against (for RE purchases only) and pay back, interest free. Would that work??? Yes, your credit score has to be 800+…:grinning:

Donate to select Coeds that will appreciate your generosity…lol

1 Like