For you liberals on here.. your politics are failing you

When the “conservative media” exposes the failed mumble jumble on the economy, comrade, you don’t have anywhere to run.

Or, you know, WSJ, the other Foxnews of the press, telling you how you as a conservative are a joke, nowhere to run at all. You won’t go anywhere if you can keep paying people to be quiet.

In fact, according to the Census Bureau’s Supplemental poverty measure, one in five Californians live in poverty, 20.4 percent to be exact, compared to a national average of 14.7 percent, the highest rate of poverty in the nation.

By extension, California also has the distinction of having the highest child poverty rate in the nation, with an average of 22.8 percent of California’s children living in poverty in 2013-15, including 5.1 percent living in “deep poverty.”

On top of it all, California is also the home of a quarter of the country’s homeless.

1 Like

Liberals make Californians homeless. 25% of the national homeless population.

We need to replace liberalism with common sense ism.

“In fact, according to the Census Bureau’s Supplemental poverty measure, one in five Californians live in poverty, 20.4 percent to be exact, compared to a national average of 14.7 percent, the highest rate of poverty in the nation.

By extension, California also has the distinction of having the highest child poverty rate in the nation, with an average of 22.8 percent of California’s children living in poverty in 2013-15, including 5.1 percent living in “deep poverty.”

On top of it all, California is also the home of a quarter of the country’s homeless.

It is unconscionable that a state can be as wealthy and purportedly progressive as California is and yet fail as much as California does.”

3 Likes

It’s just the current california politican in charge is way over board. No common sense at all

Why so much complain? Stocks at all time high. RE at all time high. Life is good. Kick back and relax! :rofl:

More Taxes + Greater Rent Control coming to a neighborhood near you… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nancy has already said she’ll run for speaker if dems win control of the house, and she wants to undo the tax reform and possibly raise taxes on the top earners.

Well, the more money you make, the higher taxes is expected. You mean to tell me you actually want to be able to pay less tax with more earnings? :scream:

As far as rent control is concerned, it’s not really my concern… none of my rentals are rent controlled and will not be so in the foreseeable future…: :smile:

Foreseeable future means 6 months out? :scream:

2 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Also from LA Times:

So coming November when this single law is repealed, we should all high-five each other that the affordability of housing in California will finally be devastated no more.

Honestly, if this really solves the housing crisis, I am all for it.

If it’s repealed need to sell in SF ASAP. San Jose is not as nutty can still hold for a few more years.

1 Like

In the recent past, Gas taxes are up+Car registration is up+school bonds(payable in the future) . Hence even if someone is not making more money, the taxes/fees are higher.

There is no way taxes + fees will be frozen in CA for the next 5 years(with new “universal” healthcare, “universal” preschool, “free” community colleges, mandatory solar roof on new housing… etc etc) coming.

Things have changed as far as rent control is concerned in the past 6 years. Things will keep on changing on rent control going forward(if no increase in supply) & not for the better for owners looking to rent houses out.

2 Likes

@Roy321 You forgot the massive unfunded pension liabilities too. Just look at the Mountain View numbers. Their pension contributions have more than doubled in the last 4 years. Pensions are going to swallow city, county, and state budgets. The unfunded liability has been growing during a massive bull market for stocks.

People should remember this chart when local governments want to increase taxes.

2 Likes

Good point… however, CA has lot of company from other states on that front. Does not mean we ignore it.

Based on this chart CA should be 25th worst, so kinda in the middle.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-state-pension-funding-ratios/

1 Like

Um those might be some people’s concerns but definitely not mine. I’m a happy camper. You can be too! :rofl:

When you are FIREed, you can move to Singapore, HONG Kong, Dubai or Florida

1 Like

None of those! I love it exactly the way it is and where I am. I’m a happy camper, remember? :smile:

1 Like

Oh, what if they charge a 20% asset tax per year, your asset would be negligible in 5 years.

1 Like

You’ll probably go down the drain first before I do… :rofl: