Forget Mission Impossible, I'M Waiting For Crazy, Rich Asians!

What’s sad about this is I’d probably rather watch Ted Cruz on SNL.

1 Like

The buzz is real, they are talking sequel already…

Yes, this is our Saturday night date moive after munching on some Malay/Singapore food somewhere to get us in the mood…

Why watch rich snobs when you can’t be one.

1 Like

Aspirational.

1 Like

This movie is so cliche I don’t know why anybody would want to watch it. We need more sequels for movies like Deadpool.

I think Asians are just excited to see other Asians on screen. Yeah, the plot sounds super cliche.

1 Like

The main character, the Econ prof from NYU, is not rich…

Who is the producer of the movie? Who has the rights? a white guy or an asian?

Guys/gal, you again are not able to see the proverbial BIG PICTURE. Maybe you are too young or too Americanized to see this today but back in the day Asians did not appear in leading man/lady roles. Come on, Bruce Lee was the “assistant” to the Green Hornet, remember? My god, Kato could have kicked his arse across the tv too many times. Sooo, when we have something historical like this (last one, Joy Luck Club) we as Asians should celebrate it. Yes, romance comedy… big whoop. I get it you aren’t impressed. But, like anything, you have to start somewhere. Please remember that you didn’t get to where you are today without some help. You could easily still be doing manual labor or working on what is the equivalent to the railroad. You should thank your parents and grandparents for paving the way so that you can be who you are today.

2 Likes

amen.

How is this different from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Same thing.

The big difference is that Crouching is just another martial arts film, the classic stereotype of Asians remember? We have come a long way baby…

1 Like

I think it’s exactly because I am not Americanized the movie doesn’t resonate with me much. I grew up in Asia and I am used to see Asians in movies.

I agree with you though. It’s important for yellow people to see other yellow people on big screen. Role models is very important.

OMG, I can’t believe our Fearless Leader used the “yellow” word… unfreakingbelievable…

(Boss, I am leaving for the day. I am not feeling well…)

C’mon. If we can say white people and black people, sure we can say yellow?

I only thank black civil rights people and Martin Luther king. Asians did nothing.

1 Like

OMG, dude, who built the railroad?

I get what @sfdragonboy is saying, but can we make better movies please. It was a huge turnoff for me to see an Asian character out of the blue in the latest Star Wars movie. Her character had no meaning and was so random that I wish she was never in the movie. Yes diversity is great, but don’t do it for the sake of doing it without considering whether it meshes with the whole story.

It all starts with university admission sites & brochures. a black, an asian, a white person, an indian and a person with head-scarf.

I think you would agree that general movie making/story telling is literally at the bottom… We keep seeing rehashing of Spiderman!!! Come on, think people, think!!!