Forget Mission Impossible, I'M Waiting For Crazy, Rich Asians!

Ok, a Mandarin romcom set in modern time, tell you a lot about what the Chinese youth are thinking nowadays (help in investing :slight_smile: ),

Another solid Mandarin romcom, pay attention to the technology that are mentioned :slight_smile:

watching romcom is not just for entertainment, is also to get a feel of what kind of businesses will work in China :slight_smile: :blush:

Only Classical Chinese dramas are good dramas. Modern ones are trashier than Korean. Skip them.

I watch the classical ones to understand what happen then, watch the natural scenario and enjoy the scholarly way of communicating :slight_smile: Compare to how modern people are talking, be it Chinese, American, … rude and loud. We move from being polite and considerate to bragging and dominating.

You are a classical person trapped in the modern period… :rofl:

Like I said before, the Chinese wouldn’t know a good movie if it hit them square between the eyes…

They want to watch real American movies as opposed to fake ones… :rofl:

True story: different people have different tastes. Different countries have different tastes.

Justin Bieber is also very popular on the charts. Are you a Bieber fan?

Pssst…Rotten Tomatoes = Yelp. Worship or die.

Douban is Chinese Rotten Tomato. But that’s trash apparently. Only American review sites are gospel.

Please, tell me you don’t use Yelp at all ever. I just spoke to my buddy who said he found a pretty good physician through Yelp. I hear it all the time. Nothing is perfect, but to say Yelp is not helpful or useful at all is dumb…

Singapore movies? You should watch this very Singaporean movie (warning: need to understand Singlish, Cantonese, Hokkien, Malay, Tamil and familiar with the NS system),

Resonated very well with Singaporeans.

Here’s one way to become crazy rich:

@hanera, you missed your calling.

I use to be one :joy: That’s how I get my seed money to invest!

You must not be very good at it. That guy makes way more than any investment you have.

I didn’t know that Japanese women have that much money. I operate in the wrong place.

We need to ask @harriet. Would she pay for someone like that? :thinking:

Wow, putting new meaning into seed stage investing.