Genomics Stocks

Today is a BIG day. Even though I think ARKG and many of its stocks are peaking… (didn’t do any DD nor EWA), I bought… wait for it…

1 ARKG
1 PRLB
1 XONE
1 SSYS

1st one is genomic index, the other three are 3D printing :slight_smile: Yes, 3D printing is going to be BIG over the next few years. They are held in my son’s account. Not in my trading account. Would continue to DCA in tiny quantity till I have time to do a detailed read and EWA.

2 Likes

I was thinking many times whether to buy ARKK or ARKG or TQQQ, finally landed to TQQQ.

Looks like market turned up after touching SMA-50.

Wasn’t trading those, just want to hold 5+ years. Ditto for the genomics stock portfolio. They are held in different accounts from my trading accounts… don’t like to confuse buy n hold with trading.

How will you know that in 5 years TQQQ won’t return more than ARKG? What is the fundamental drive behind it?

Even though past history does not guarantee future returns, I just compared, ARKG, ARKK and TQQQ for 1 year, 3 year and 5 years.

Except last year, TQQQ is the winner for long years as buy and hold (not trade). You can check the same in morning star.

1 Like

TQQQ is supposed to be for short-term trading :slight_smile: Lot of slippage. If the market goes south, it can go down a lot, hence much more risky. I would only buy TQQQ for long hold if there is a crash.

1 Like

so ARKG the winner?!

Is all about when.

From Feb 18 to Mar 18, TQQQ drops way more than QQQ and ARKG. Yes, I am thinking a deep dive very soon. Recall I say there might or might not be a last hurray… I still not sure. Anyhoo, the imminent crash is too close for comfort. So not a good time to buy TQQQ. Ofc, I could be wrong.

TQQQ is supposed to be for short-term trading : I was thinking same as so many blogs are telling same. But, when I verify mathematically, it is entirely different !

Last year, Jan 2, 2020 TQQQ and Dec 31, 2020 TQQQ, the growth was 100% and all other indexes were behind it.

This includes 30% drop during Mar 23rd. With 30% down crash in between TQQQ is winner !

2021_02_02_indexes_vs_TQQQ_2020

Yes, I read those.

One year duration. Notice TQQQ only manages to tear away from QQQ from Nov last year. Many months of underperforming.

I myself told you last year alone (one year) ARKG won over TQQQ, but 3 years and 5 years buy/hold TQQQ won over ARKG.

Showed the chart already.

My question is what makes you think ARKG is going to perform better than TQQQ? What are the real driving factor/fundamentals makes you feel ARKG is better?

I didn’t compare ARKG with TQQQ. Just feel is too risky to buy TQQQ. Another psychological barrier could be I just sold all TQQQs around $100s, what is the point of buying back now? Weird feeling, right? Another is there is not that much money in my son’s account. I have way more $ in the trading account which I can pounce on TQQQ and SOXL if the market crash. I am in a crocodile mode, hungry but patiently waiting for the prey. I think you are using the same criteria for every decision :wink: whereas, I decide in according to accounts (situations and circumstances).

Btw, I don’t buy 1 TQQQ :slight_smile: I recall vaguely, at one time, I have nearly 2000 TQQQs :slight_smile:

Are you judging one month heavy drop will be the key for 5 years holding?

Did you notice Mar 18th to dec 31, ARKG is 272% and TQQQ is 362% ?

Still last year (whole year) ARKG is 179% vs TQQQ 100% => This is only one year, but ARKG fails in 3 year and 5 year holdings !

You need to have strong reason, some fundamental value or break through in ARKG holdings.

Otherwise, you will see different returns after 5 years !

BTW: Even I do not know, that is why debating it.

No. Actually I don’t quite understand your motive of asking this question. I am not doing comparisons if that is what you are coming from.

I know.

I said that :wink: when @manch first brought Cathie into this forum.

I didn’t debate. Is one sided debate from you :wink: Frankly, quite often, I am not sure why what are you agitating about :man_shrugging:

Somehow, I got a feeling you’re always using your goals, yardsticks and circumstances to assess other people’s actions :wink:

I am not agitating, but wanted to know the analysis (if any) behind the decision.

If there is no reason/analysis, but trusting Cathie, end of discussion here.

I have checked ARKK, ARKG…etc all 5 etfs vs TQQQ last one week, before your post, there is no conclusion for me.

As I said, I had the same confusion whether TQQQ vs ARKG or TQQQ vs ARKK which is better for faster growth?

1 Like

I didn’t bother to compare at all. I didn’t care which one has faster growth for that account because the amount is not large enough to make a big difference. You overthink for me :wink: I wasn’t thinking at all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When it comes to MRNA, you just posted=>

If this is the case for MRNA & BNTX which has 14B-15B orders on hand, Most of the top ARKG holdings has no such order book positions and they did not complete phase 3 trials and no FDA, Euro approvals.

How do you feel the ARKG is better for next 5 years that will give you good return better than TQQQ (Leveraged over Nasdaq companies - famous for good profit margins)?

A promising chick with potential to lay 1000 eggs per month is worth more than an established hen that lay 200 eggs per month. If you don’t pay for those type of growth TODAY, some1 will :wink:

Are you suggesting I should pour hours of effort for a few hundred dollars? I see why you are always on a rush. Take it easy. Is not million of dollars.

1 Like

Agreed waste of time unless it is 50k minimum!

Of course, wrong analogy… Cathie is not chick :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

DOM :+1:

1 Like