Getting Hot

Hey, you have to admit that our “poor” weather has not ever materially affected our home pricing. Imagine, if we were say 5-10 degrees warmer on average. Our homes would be even MORE expensive!!! Yikes!!!

The BA has weather for all tastes from Livermore to Pacifica. …can always drive 1hr and find it wamer or cooler. .Generally 30 degrees warmer in Livermore than Pacifica. .RWC is ideal 70s and 80s all summer long with little fog

I’d still say Oakland has the best weather. If you go further out Santa Cruz and Capitola has the best weather. Darn. Maybe I should join the PA ex-commissioner and move to SC.

1 Like

SC lies on fault line.

So is the entire East Bay from Berkeley down to Fremont.

1 Like

Exactly why I don’t own any there.

Capitola is always cool. The marine layer is worse than SC.

Which fared worse in Loma Prieta or for that matter, 1906: SF or Oakland? :grin:

1 hour? Why? Thirty minutes will do! :slight_smile:

Marine layer is in here in Vallejo. Patio reads 64.

I’m on my way out to a winery in Sonoma. It will take less than 30 minutes.

Want to guess the temperature differential? To say nothing of wind, humidity, etc.

No idea, where I live, this is the typical experience,

"At about 5:04 p.m., I felt the first wave move through. I could tell it was bigger than the August “pre-shock.” I got up to run in the house and managed to get both of my girls into a door way before the main wave rolled through.

The duration seemed 45 seconds to 2 minutes, when in fact it was only 15 seconds for the main wave.

Aftershocks started arriving and power was off. None of us were injured, so I immediately checked for gas leaks and other damage. We didn’t find any, but we turned the gas off at the outside meter. The house wasn’t damaged, but the contents of the cabinets, countertops and bookcases were pretty much dumped on the floor. The TV fell over, but a plant behind it broke its fall."

Depends where you live. Here in La Honda we have rights to more water than we will ever use. If the global warming forecasts ever turn out to actually be valid (they’ve been horribly off the mark to date) California winters will get wetter - not dryer.

Welcome Acre…You probably know my cousin. …has lived in La Honda since the 70s…The global warming people are fanatic zealots…Left over from the Earth Day environmental movement…Of course they had to change the name to Climate change…They hate to admit it, but to a lot of people, Glonal warming sounded like a good thing…So they think only bad things will happen. …But to me a cold foggy summer means a rainy cold winter. .like when I was a kid in the 60s…we will revisit in April…

They were wetter when I was a kid. I swear it, I remember times when it rained for days straight going from light mist to downpour and back many times. I remember being in grade (Concord) school and we had clouds and rain for eight or ten days straight.

In the last twenty years, I can’t remember anything close. A couple of days of rain in a row maximum. And, plenty of interim periods within those days where all we had was gray skies with no active precipitation.

…But I’m too lazy to go look it up for reference. :expressionless:

1 Like

will the summers get wetter, drier, or same same?

Forgot another issue of getting hot: more bugs and more diseases. If the heat doesn’t bother people I am sure the bugs will.

Does heat alone cause bugs? Phoenix is much hotter than SF, but never heard of bug problems. It’s the humidity, no? Except for scorpions… they love the desert.

1 Like

You may be right. Arizona will be so hot people just drop dead on streets before bugs can bite them… :smile:

Global warming alarmists survive on hype…What about all the predictions of massive killer hurricanes. .Havent had one in the US for 11 years…Now we have a Cat 1 and the news media is overhyping as it always does…We suffer as much from TMI as much as “climate change”

In fact we are experiencing the longest run of non extreme weather in 130 years…but that doesn’t mke news…Bad news sells…Good news gets swept under the rug…

Sorry I am not a conspiracy theorist…But I am sick of the liberal Democratic machine using environmentalism and global warming threats as a hammer to stop all development and businesses with unscientific horse shit…It is time they are called out on their lies

BTW, the overhyped Cat 1 is now only a tropical storm…Makes you almost want to feel sorry for all the lying stupid news hounds who thrive on bad news…

If climate change means no hurricanes for 11 years, warmer weather, and a longer growing season in the northern hemisphere then bring it on…

I dont watch the news anymore on TV…My wife refuses to watch it…I see little snipets on the internet. .I swear it makes me happier. .I always noticed it when I went on vacation. .I highly recommend it…Treat yourself to a vacation, do not watch TV news… The biggest downer in American history

Climate change doesn’t mean you’re suddenly gonna have a deadly hurricane every year. It means they are predicted to happen with greater frequency. If it happened every 15 years on average before, now it’s every 14 years. This is still increase in statistical risk, and real money. Try to ignore it at your own peril, but you don’t really have a choice – your insurance company won’t ignore the risk.

1 Like