Google engineer's viral 10 page anti diversity screed

Both sides were killing each other. Yet, no one cares about it.

Because you don’t see any British people marching in the streets claiming they are superior than the Irish and supporting British Imperialism or Nazism.

Also, I don’t understand why white supremacists need to associate themselves with Hitler. That makes them look a lot more worse than they already are… If I were a white supremacist I would much rather associate myself with the Founding Fathers. Or at least Roosevelt.

1 Like

Do you know how many people get polled and whether it’s representative? Which company fire and promote based on employee polls?

There seems to be a terrorist attack in Barcelona just happened now. But don’t condemn it. Because of course both sides killed people. What if ISIS beheaded people? But, but… violence on both sides. Hitler wasn’t so bad after all. There was plenty of violence on the ally side.

Because they are dumb.

These white supremacists I saw on news all have a bland, dumb look to them. Turns out the master class is flipping hot dogs in restaurants? Who knew?

I don’t mean to offend people with no chins. But according to James men are strong and cannot be offended:

It shows most people are rational and don’t irrationally read content in the memo that’s not even there. Maybe there is some hope for society.

You’re missing the point. Why do we condemn Hitler but not Stalin? Stalin executed more Jewish people than Hitler. We’re talking the exact same time period and same crime. It’s not about saying Hitler isn’t bad, because Stalin was worse. It’s about saying both are bad, so why does only one get the reputation for being bad?

There’s a rush to discuss violence in Charlottesville over 1 person driving a car into a crowd. Yet, BLM can burn businesses, kill people, and kill police officers. They get media coverage about how peaceful their protests are, how they are victims, and how they are doing good work by protesting. If you think the single car violence in Charlottesville is unacceptable, then the violence at BLM protests should be appalling to you. What about when SJPD stood there and watching Trump supporters get attacked after the campaign rally in SJ? Again, why is one considered bad while the other isn’t?

It is appalling to me. Stalin is appalling to me. Mao is appalling to me.

But on the day a white supremacist murdered a peaceful protestor, the proper response is to strongly condemn that act and that act alone. You should not equivocate. You should not say neo-Nazi and counter-protestors are on the same moral ground. There is time to look at how we get to that situation and maybe some on both sides are radicalized. But immediately after the murder is NOT the time for that.

You don’t get why many in the GOP side are upset about Trump’s response? You think they are all just virtue-signaling?

1 Like

Tim Cook:

We must not witness or permit such hate and bigotry in our country, and we must be unequivocal about it. This is not about the left or the right, conservative or liberal. It is about human decency and morality. I disagree with the president and others who believe that there is a moral equivalence between white supremacists and Nazis, and those who oppose them by standing up for human rights. Equating the two runs counter to our ideals as Americans.

Regardless of your political views, we must all stand together on this one point — that we are all equal. As a company, through our actions, our products and our voice, we will always work to ensure that everyone is treated equally and with respect.

1 Like

We should universally condemn all violence. His response should have been better, but why were all these people condemning the acts of a single driver so silent when BLM was burning cities down and killing police officers? How many of these people spoke up against those actions of hate?

Here’s what Cook said at the time.

Other CEOs:

https://www.inc.com/helena-ball/mark-cuban-tim-cook-zuckerberg-entrepreneurs-react-dallas-shooting.html

They use the killing of police officers to quote civil rights leaders, speak of inequality, and promote their own diversity accomplishments. They don’t condemn the violence. They are tripping over themselves to show sympathy for the black community.

It is not about moral ground. .One extremist group fighting the police is one thing … But when you have extremists fighting each other it is a whole different thing…It is called civil war…We have already had one Civil War that killed 600k people…In fact Southern white nationalists haven’t gotten over it…It still dominates politics in the deep south…The whole Nazi thing is a red herring…just designed to bait leftists…But the KKK is still fighting a war that ended in 1865…

People say we should stand up to the Nazis like the Germans should have in the 1920s…They have their history wrong…Hilter was arrested, his supporters killed…There was open rebellion between the communists and the Nazis. There was open and major opposition to the Nazis…The Nazis won, in great part because ccommunism like in Stalinist Russia was a worse alternative. .The American Nazi party is weak and ineffective. .The lefists radicals that want to fight them in the streets merely legitimize and embolden a very small marginalized group…We all lose if there is open warfare on the streets between these radicalized groups…

BLM’s message is that there is a lot of police violence on black people. White supremacists’ message is whites are superior to other races. Difference should be self-evident.

Was there some violence in BLM protests? Yes. But was that what happened in Virginia last weekend?

The Dallas cop killing was universally condemned, as it should have been. You can’t argue the media downplayed it. We all know it happened. But how many white-on-black crimes didn’t get media attention? A ton.

At the end of the day, just look at this act and this act alone. Is it bad? Yes it is. Then just say it. Don’t equivocate. Don’t add any but’s. How hard is that?

1 Like

It is not about the violence…It is about directly confronting the other side…BLM and Antifa are advocating direct confrontation. …civil war…doesn’t really matter what either side supports or believes…once you have civil war there is no moral high ground and no sanctuary for neutral parties. .
In Germany in the 1920s the communists and the Nazis had many confrontations…Neutral parties and the silent majority were marginalized. …Moderates had no voice…This shit happened in the sixities when the radical left stole my home town, Berkeley. .The rest of the country was revolted by the radical left revolutionary agenda…Reagan was elected governor, then President. …Sorry for the bad news, but bad behavior on the left helped elect Trump…meanwhile the moderate majority sat on their hands and wouldn’t even vote for Hillary after she was driven left by Bernie zealots…

When the other side is Hitler, you need to go in and kick his butt. There aren’t that many modern day Nazis, and frankly most of them are just dumb as a doorknob. Our forefathers kicked the Confederate ass and the Nazi ass. We can certainly do that again.

The other side is not Hitler…they are American. …they have no relation to Hilter…just like American Maoists in the 60s had no connection to Mao… The use the name Hitler to bait the left…and it obviously works well

1 Like

Well, I have exciting news for you. That hot dog guy who got fired worked in Berkeley. Another union electrician who got fired is also from Berkeley.

Berkeley is not that “left” as in the old days.

The anti left movement in Berkeley has been going on for 50 years…My dad was a leftist until the radicals threated to kill him in 1969…A lot of people like him and me became much more conservative, many left but the town was torn apart…I see the same shit now nationwide…The lefists have stirred up nationalism in the silent majority…It caused the election of Trump. …The left may end up getting exactly the opposite they want…

Top Dog has been owed by a right wing nut since 1966…Yet locals love his hot dogs…The slogans in his stores are libertarian and definitely anti left…I guess the cook got indoctrinated. .Looks like the owner threw him under the bus…Conservatives should run away from the neo nazi nut jobs…Trump is just too stupid to know where to go. …He has no ideology. …He is just winging it on what he thinks his Trumpsters want to hear…

I agree and both sides must not use the symbolism of either Hitler/Nazi party or Mao to represent their political leanings.

I think USA unlike other countries has not seen the violence of the left in support of their political agenda. Other than the current & former communist countries which are far far away, USA should look closer at the South American countries where the left violence in support of their ideologies have destroyed those nations.

Historically, extremely left leaning governments killed millions of it’s own citizens to keep support of their worldview & policies. That’s because they tried to support a system that’s against human being’s natural instincts. Those economic policies have been debunked now & hopefully those experiments will not return back.

We need to call out both right and left when they are wrong and not get stuck to labels.

1 Like

The radical left insists on flag burning, tearing down statues, sitting when the National Anthem is played, blocking freeways, breaking windows, burning police cars, calling everyone that disagrees with them Nazis or racists. …No wonder some idiot crackers from the Old South become radicalized. …But in reality most of the protest violence since the 60s has come from the left, including bombings and murders…The right mainly has lone wolf wack jobs like Timothy McVey and the murdering asshole in Charlottesville using a car as a weapon of mass destruction. …

The basic problem with the left is you can’t have a conversation about racial issues anymore…Basically
If you are white you are a racist. .Therefore nothing can be discussed. .

1 Like

Violence of any type must be condemned. BOLDED above cannot be categorized a violence.

I disagree with the Confederate statues being felled & people who did that must be prosecuted, however I don’t see any reason for those statues to be on public land and they can be in museums for people to understand dark history & discussion must happen freely in public discourse and via the court system for people who want to remove them.

We need to differentiate between patriotism and nationalism.

If one marches in a group where people carry Nazi flags or wear white hoods, even if one does not wear/carry those symbols people will associate the marchers with those groups.

What came first - the Nazi party or the confederates?

In USA, “Neg**” is considered a bad word because this word has been used in a pejorative in the past, but not for most of the rest of the world, because that word comes from Negroid, which is grouping of human beings and is innocuous(for the rest of the world) where racism based on skin color was not a problem.

People need to understand there has been a history in United States of Segregation, and hence there is a context for every argument.

Hence, simply equating 2 arguments and saying there is unfairness, misses the big picture.

Once again, violence MUST be stopped on both sides.