Google tracks your movements, like it or not

I know my resistence is futile, but I really would like to at least keep my mind at ease with it. There should be laws to privacy, and they should be strong. Companies should be held accountable. Data should be liability, not an asset.

1 Like

If data is collected, it will be accessed legally and illegally someday. Congress should ban privacy data collection. Both parties would support it

2 Likes

Patriot act is a catch-all way to do warrantless search.

Also not being an american citizen yet, i think i may not even need to be covered with patriot act.

If you win that argument, then youā€™d probably need a different career choice. The whole reason online ads command so much revenue is they are specifically targeted due to data.

3 Likes

I donā€™t have to work in ads. Plenty of other companies & areas exists. I used to be a roboticist, and would do just fine in fintech too.

no shortage of jobs.

1 Like

My 5 year old LG Nexus 5 still works much better than the 2 year old HTC Pixel :slight_smile:

does it come with adware?

I hope notā€¦ since itā€™s ā€œgoogleā€ phone I assumed it does not :innocent:.

Btw both are Google phones i.e. 1st is Nexus and 2nd Pixel.

ah yeah, htc pixel , somehow i didnā€™t think it was google experience phone.
Yeah people didnā€™t have great experience with first pixel. I have pixel 2 xl, itā€™s great.

Switch to iPhone for better privacy protection.

4 Likes

AKA to target you for advertising.

1 Like

Did you buy back Aapl stock? Why root for iphone all of a sudden?

3 Likes

No I donā€™t have any AAPL. I am fair and objective. I root for good things with no regard to whether I profit from it or not.

1 Like

I saw what you posted, @hanera. Why did you delete it? Fear of angering manch? It didnā€™t seem to be that derogatoryā€¦

Misunderstanding on my part.

I am trimming my other bets to concentrate on a few big ones. There are many excellent opportunities now.

1 Like

You are getting it. One of them is FB. What are the other?

Stocks are much better investments than RE. You should sell all your Austin homes and convert into stock. I should do the same with Antioch.

Parroting another blogger? We need divorsificationšŸ¤£

Just received the new MBP 13ā€ :smiley:

I am still thinking it over. 10c looks very undervalued to me. So Iā€™d like increase my holding. Amzn of course is there. My biggest indeed.

I continue to believe in micron and Nvidia. FB I continue to buy everyday since its bing 20% drop.

Even after trimming I may still have over 20 names.