Gun Control

Yes, one incident, but in an affluent area nevertheless. No place is safe anymore!!!

I guess I want to live next to this neighbor!!!

Time to get those CCW permits.

Iā€™m surprised it took this long to challenge it. Michigan had a similar law, and it was over turned by the state Supreme Court. Itā€™s not legal to require proof of need and then have people arbitrarily deciding who needs a permit and who doesnā€™t. The liberal comments on how it makes the public less safe are honestly insane. Those people should just create gun free zones and live in them. The signs posted will keep them 100% safe inside the zone.

If he had hit one of the robbers, he would be in jail. Robbers-if they had gotten away with the car/money from the 3/4 women in the Bentley would have been free. The police have no clue where these goods/cars are being sold? I guess weā€™re all stupid if we believe that :slight_smile:

Even without hitting anyone Iā€™m not sure what the rules are. Discharging a firearm on the street in Bay Area for protection, the law might not be on our side . Like the following:

From the latest Supreme Court ruling, wonā€™t these types of scenarios happen more frequently now? I mean, someone is going to argue that I was coming to the aid of my GF, BF, neighbor who was being assaulted, etcā€¦? I feared that her/his/their lives were in imminent danger (say, a gun was aiming at the victim) and I felt I had to do something to save their lives. Iā€™ll take those chances with a juryā€¦i thinkā€¦

It would not happen more frequently IF the robbers/burglars donā€™t believe that they can get away with anything especially in places such as CA. However, without that belief(of seeing police+DAā€™s record of crime solving+prosecution in real, not just by assurances), Iā€™m afraid people might have no choice but to protect themselves, their family and their properties.

Yes, this might create a potentially volatile situation.

1 Like

Nothing volatile where I Iive and you donā€™t even need a permit to carry a gun.

2 Likes

My guess is in AZ they jail criminals also unlike here :slight_smile:

Well yes. Thereā€™s that.

Why do people who know the least about gun laws advocate the most for changing them?

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/terminology/types-of-concealed-carry-licensurepermitting-policies/shall-issue/

41 of 50 states are shall issue for concealed carry permit.

25 states donā€™t even require a permit.

1 Like

Because sir, this is the internet. :rofl:

Even as non-gun owner, I think ā€œmay issueā€ is a ridiculous policy. Iā€™m more in the Shall camp.

1 Like

lol yep thatā€™s near me - apparently the women drove home from SF in a Bentley and thatā€™s why they were followedā€¦

See, you canā€™t have nice stuff around here now without getting the riff raff interestedā€¦

Of course, what could be more patriotic than a mass shooting on 4th of Julyā€¦

Chicago again - with some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.

Hmmm, maybe some form of open carry could workā€¦ I mean, clearly more innocent bystanders in a mall would have died if not for the armed dude.

2 Likes

Iā€™m amazed it made the news. It happens far more often than you think.

1 Like

ā€œWeā€ are searching for answers. If that helps more than it hurts, so be it. We better not hear about any charges against the heroā€¦

Any data or study to support this argument that it happens far more often? Whatā€™s the %?