Harriet, Is This You?

So you took pride for being sexually harrassed by someone at work because this incident proves that you are beautiful and wanted… Um… ok… I hope the offender was at least rich and handsome… :slight_smile:

Hmm… what multi-faceted taste :smile:

No, what I am trying to say is everyone has very peculiar tastes. Even those of a pervert :slight_smile:

Yes, ok… :smile:

That’s me.

2 Likes

Alrighty, @harriet, since I wasn’t able to convince you to upload a mug shot, how about a few insightful and probing questions (just for fun)?

1. Have you had issues with other women during school and/or work?

2. Assuming you weren’t dating someone at the time, were you asked to go to your high school prom?

3. Have random men ever brought you either the overt flowers and candy or innocent things like food spontaneously?

4. Would you say your Mom was a pretty hot looking babe when she was young?

5. In your mind, do you honestly believe that you could get away with murder?

Gosh, my wife is probably wondering what the F am I doing at this hour…

1 Like

Really… :smile:

Makes it tax-deductible. :slight_smile:

Oooh. Can all of us answer these your questionaire? I bet I’ve got some interesting answers :slight_smile:

1 Like

No need to ask, just answer!

Absolutely, you may. Yesterday, I was tired from a long day of work and I came home late to talk to a RE agent for an hour or so since I went to her open house and then after finally having a very late dinner I sat down to enter our lil world and I see this dialogue going on…soooo, I wanted to have some fun. @harriet, you obviously don’t have to answer any of the questions I came up with. I thought of all the things that my beautiful wife may have gone through or any of my female friends who are attractive may have encountered.

1 Like
  1. Have you had issues with other women during school and/or work?

Yes. In high school, got the boot from some alpha chick from my group of female friends (which had been her friends before she left) after she returned from a year away.

1. Assuming you weren’t dating someone at the time, were you asked to go to your high school prom?

No. I missed my prom to compete in the National Science Olympiad Competition. And I was grateful to have avoided it.

1. Have random men ever brought you either the overt flowers and candy or innocent things like food spontaneously?

Yes. In high school, when I was dual enrolled at the local university, I had a couple of guys bringing me flowers and other presents (including a beautiful hardwood cutting board which one of them made and which I still have today).

One was 35, had been divorced four times, had a daughter my age, and knew I was only 16 and suggested we go to Las Vegas and get married. (He was serious).

The other was over 21, and stopped bringing me flowers when the first guy told him I was only 16.

I’ve always admired the second guy as he clearly had very good judgement :slight_smile:

1. Would you say your Mom was a pretty hot looking babe when she was young?

No

1. In your mind, do you honestly believe that you could get away with murder?

No. My guilty conscience would give me away, and the stress would kill me.

Gosh, my wife is probably wondering what the F am I doing at this hour…

Yes. She is.

3 Likes

Ok, before I provide my take (on you) clarify the following:

1. Is it that everyone knew you were away or did some guys ask you to prom despite you being away? I just want to know if you were asked or not. Can be Junior Prom or Winter Ball equivalent…

2. Back to this first one, was the alpha chick primarily threatened by your smarts or do you think it was the looks that got to her?

3. Really, your Mom was not pretty even remotely when she was young?

1. If a senior has to ask a senior, then I doubt anyone would have asked me to prom. The senior guy I was best friends with would probably have asked someone else. I’d mostly been hanging out with the previously graduated senior class, so I wasn’t really friends with my own class much. I did have someone who was interested in dating who was a junior–we went to another formal together. If I’d had to go to prom and I hadn’t been dating anyone, I’d have asked him. Nice respectable Asian guy–unfortunately for him, I was hanging out with/dating guys at the university. He dubbed himself “Second string.” :frowning: (The university guys for the most part were not into formals or proms. Anyone I asked threatened to dress in ridiculous ways. I think though, by prom, i was dating someone who would have gone with me dressed in a tux, but by that time, the other formal (coming of age debutante thing that my mom insisted I do) was over, and he didn’t know anyone at my school anyways so why bother? I’d rather have gone to a movie with him if I weren’t out of town.)

2. I don’t know what her issue was. I was a grade younger, so that could’ve been it, but it also could’ve been that she wanted to be in charge, she’d left, and she was reexerting her influence. It’s like you leave for vacation, someone moves into your house, you give them to the boot just because you want to prove you own the house. You don’t care if they’re paying rent. She didn’t even try to get to know me. Another girl left the group as well out of frustration–the two of us are still friends.

3. It was the 60s. Long hair, hippy? Just ok in my book.

Hold on…

Ok, I am old fashioned. No girl, half decent looking and especially hot, needs to ask some boy to prom. One would think offers would be coming in. You, unfortunately, were an odd ball in that you didn’t hang much sounds like with your own class so that clouds things unfortunately. Perhaps you were a late bloomer? Who doesn’t know people who got very hot later in life, but also unfortunately vice versa, cute as a baby but not so much as an adult???

OK folks. No commenting on people’s looks please…

Well, if you told us finally where you lived we can certainly change the subject. Deal?

And for the record, Terri volunteered and I was dissecting her answers. Terri, by the way, you sound great. What are you doing tonight? Oops…never mind

I don’t think I would describe myself as hot back then. Nor a late bloomer. “Cute” maybe?

It’s an interesting question why there were a number of guys from the university interested in dating (35 year old aside, the rest of their ages ranged from 21 to 25), and none in my own grade in high school. I did date two guys from the grade above me in high school before 12th grade, though. But the university definitely had more interested guys (and frankly, more interesting guys). Maybe they were more average? The HS was kind of a preppy rich kids school, and I was not a preppy rich kid. Who knows? Or maybe people knew I was dating guys at the university and didn’t ask.

As for asking about the debutante thing. That wasn’t a guys invite girls thing, to my knowledge. I don’t know how anyone else got their dates, but it’s not like it’s announced at the school that you’re doing it. So it was logical that I would find my own date. In fact, I suspect the junior who i finally went with was just hanging out with me and some friends while I was griping that I had to find someone to go to this stupid debutante thing that my parents were making me do and all my university friends wanted to dress in shorts and a top-hat, and he simply volunteered. I had no idea he’d had any romantic interest up to that point–he only brought it up the evening of the event…

For the record, my late bloomer comment wasn’t actually directed at you. I was just throwing out possibilities. The mere fact that older guys were interested in you has to mean you were quite worthy. The high school boys’ light probably just didn’t turn on to girls yet.

Yes, who doesn’t know someone who is actually quite attractive yet weren’t asked out much because everyone else thought he/she was out of their league? Taking it back to our world here, yes, it is the nice home that somehow gets very little action or overbidding because everyone was sure that it would be overbid heavily so they simply don’t even try. Kinda like our last election, but that is for another thread.

1 Like

Oh thanks :slight_smile: But now, I’m just an old maid.