Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Granted my wife and I have 6+'s but the battery replacement was what $29 back then? Promotion if I recall

1 Like

Streaming giant Netflix raising its subscription prices means good things for other large companies that offer subscription services, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday

The only stock that might be an even bigger bargain is Apple, Cramer said, adding that shares are trading at a “measly” 11 times next year’s earnings estimates.

The “Mad Money” host said Apple’s stock could “explode higher” if it raised prices for its increasingly sticky services, particularly given the pressure it has endured amid weakening iPhone sales.

Calling

1 Like

Above $154.53
 Calling

Update to below:

LG just introduced its 2019 sets, which add features like 120FPS video input and AirPlay/HomeKit support.

a sudden 70% drop in consumer spending on luxury goods in China

It signed a deal with Aetna in August of last year; and in November 2018, it integrated with United Healthcare for a program that rewards those who walk at least 10,000 steps per day to subsidize the cost of a watch. It is also working with life insurer John Hancock to offer a steeply discounted watch to those who live healthy lifestyles.

“But I do think, looking back, in the future, you will answer that question: Apple’s most important contribution to mankind has been in health.”

How come AAPL started going up ? :rofl:

2 Likes

Ask the doomsayers and the illogical. iPhone X series are too expensive so need to pump AAPL. Some1 keep track of such death counts, Apple Death Knell Counter

Apple has been declared dead 71 times since April, 1995.

72 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmmmm, Bloomberg reporter Apple is cutting back on hiring to improve profitability!

They have already company wide hiring freeze as of now !

See lay offs starting 

A Good Time To Initiate A Position since profitability would be increased. AAPL is a great bet for investors in the long run . Watch Jim Cramer pump Apple and Epic, the health-record giant

1 Like

No need to hard sell anything
 waste of effort.

It is those damn, lame Iphones again!!!

1 Like

Apple Plans to Cut Back on Hiring Due to iPhone Sales Struggles

Do you know such news is always bullish?

Another joker want to relate the unrelated

How Apple in 2019 Seems a Lot Like Intel in 2012

Yes, I am back-in, but not like crazy level as spread my risk with other companies like AMZN, T, VZ,SYF
etc. But, I do not expect AAPL will catch up even $200 (max guess $180)

200 day Low=142.19 Current=154.88 Change =8.92% from bottom
200 day High=231.2631 Current=154.88 Change =33.03%

When results are there, they would have bought back some shares, and dividend increase. Of course, future growth is limited like value stock.

I see real jump only after 5G is introduced.

I love the doom and gloom. They’ll still be hiring. It’ll just be at a slower pace. If that’s the “negative” news, then people are desperate to justify a negative headline. It’s up there with doom and gloom over a forecast for RE prices to increase 5-6%. The headline would make you think it’d be better to wait to buy.

I feel is just news biz competition. WSJ one up every news sources, now Bloomberg tries to recover with a new coup. No need to read any deeper.

I have no idea, blind faith in TC and his team.

Good to diversify :face_with_monocle:

I trust the job freeze, esp at top level direction. This is common, i.e., means all requirements will be first washed off, then freeze will be in force. Any mandatory hiring will be justified at top executive level and will be very low. Project funds will be reduced further.

All these are to increase the future qtrs forecast better, to compensate sales reduction. The current stock price already discounted China iphone sales - overall 15% sales reduction. Price came down 33% from peak.

If forecast is too bad (even after discounting China), stock goes down and recovery will not be near future. This is the risk. If not, price will be stabilized.

Another reason is that Apple is far away from peak price (33%) while all other tech stocks are recovered from deep low 10%-50% level, Google 11% from bottom, FB 18.5% from bottom, AMZN 20% from bottom, NFLX 50% from bottom
etc

My $5k MacBook Pro had a small crack at the bottom of the panel. Took it to the Apple store today and the guy told me it will cost 700 to fix. And I only bought the machine 6 months ago.

That’s it. No more Apple laptops. Let the stock go to $0. :rage:

1 Like

:rofl:

Fakes news

AAPL is the last to decline.

AAPL is the last to decline. => Actual reason is People like me are fooled by TC, blindly believed holding Apple, in spite of repeated analysts information :rofl:

Otherwise, I would have stayed away from AAPL like FB.

I have been waiting for AMZN and Google, got them at $1376 and $994, holding firm. I would have done the same with AAPL.

Dec_12_26

If Apple hiring stop is fake news, then AAPL dip is inevitable ! Market is sensitive for any fake news

1 Like