Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Rumors have it that Apple already has a version of MacOS X running on its own chips for 3-5 years.

1 Like

What would they do for graphics? I wonder if theyā€™d be compatible with ATI/nVidia or if theyā€™d have their own graphics too. Iā€™m not surprised since Mac OS and iOS keep getting closer and closer together each year.

There are no Cirrus Logic branded audio chips in Apple products. All branded as Apple because they are co-designed by Apple and CRUS. Is there a purpose to design completely in-house? Or bring CRUS in-house?

My guess would be itā€™ll eventually be integrated into the CPU. Will they have to pay CRUS design royalties for the IP to do it?

How come X and 8/8+ donā€™t come in rose gold any more? Do they not care about female customers?

2 Likes

They come in with silver and gold. They are universally liked and gender neutral. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t get the point of the colors. Everyone puts a case on it anyway.

1 Like

If itā€™s a clear case then color matters. I was thinking about upgrading to an 8+ from a 6 before the keynote but given the lack of colors and indistinguishable features compared to the previous version I am probably going to get a 7+ after all.

Just buy the X. All of us have money to burn since no one is buying any real estate! Whatā€™s a few hundred more?[

1 Like

Hey, hey, heyā€¦ speak for yourself, some of us ARE buying (just havenā€™t found THE ONE yet)!!!

Actually I do plan to buy RE soon (within the next 6 months-1 year, or sooner if there will be more inventory).

2 Likes

Iā€™m signing a purchase contract as we speakā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

Moving down to South Bay?

Probably not South Bay because itā€™s too expensive. I considered Smellpitas initially because itā€™s a bit cheaper but got deterred by the odor. Maybe I will look into Fremont instead.

Yeah, and plus I just spent a lot of money on this down under trip since I paid for my family too and planned the whole thing. Things in Kangarooland are not exactly cheap you knowā€¦

Did you visit the island of hardcore convicts and spot any Tasmanian devils?

Wow, what a daughter!!! We must find you a Princeā€¦

I havenā€™t gone yet but Iā€™m about to. I paid for flights/hotels/local day tours/other expenses already so I anticipate much more $$ to be spent on food, which means I probably need to eat cup noodle for a while when I come backā€¦:fearful:

Have a great time! If you need someone to keep the Beemer warm, I guess I can do itā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s a big clue that Apple will continue to dominate with the iPhone X

The most relevant chart for investors,

1 Like