Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Now you know why I hate freedom of expression. Many people don’t understand the implications of their actions/ expressions. We don’t have clarity of why the CFO is arrested at this point of time.

Waiting for such price to get in as it is just $1 above warren buffet price :sob:

1 Like

Apple is attacked my Msft, google., many times, but survived to hit first trillion mark! Apple has the capacity to withstand all pressures

Simple rule , if dives further, buy more provided we have money

Global, U.S. Growth in Smartphone Growth Starts to Decline

But its strategy of slowly raising its average selling price while selling fewer phones has a natural limit. “That’s a dangerous path,” says Shih, “because when you lose the volume, then you lose a lot of the manufacturing efficiencies and some of the cost benefits.” Moreover, for Apple to be successful in replacing lost revenue with its services division, it still needs a large number of iOS users. Raising the average selling price is effective in the short term, but may backfire in the long term. “Apple will exhaust that strategy,” says Yoffie. “When Apple is at an average selling price of $800, and the rest of industry is at $300, you can only defy gravity for so long.”

This is well known, even to Tim Cook. Unit sales for AAPL will also go down.
He said that he is not given unit sales numbers any more, but has given only financial forecast !

News/Media/Analysts are struggling to estimate AAPL results, but wrongly using suppliers down forecast.

1 Like

Since you are visiting Apple home often, they do not show user more than once. Everything tracked by cookies.

If you use google chrome, use incognito windows, means cookie is not tracked, you will see the ad. Just I did, I got this page

1 Like

Manch,

Jake Swearingen graduated with a English major in 2005. Hop from one employer to another every 1-2 year. You trust his view?

He’s just a reporter, putting out a summary of data and other people’s views.

Besides, English majors tend to think more broadly than engineers, with less of an attitude. :smile:

Finally read the article. Highly likely sponsored by Google. Btw English major excels in using emotional words :crazy_face:

Broadly is a nice word for superficially? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For manch’s sake, there is a limit to raising price is similar in logic to market penetration would reach saturation eventually. That is, the strategy is not more risky than decreasing price to capture increasing market share.

1 Like

Good , China is trying to use divide and conquer tactics now, the same tactics widely used by British!

Apple will come out or compromise with QCOM soon.

AAPL has touched $165 and came up !

1 Like

The specific iPhone models affected by the preliminary ruling in China are the iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X.

Good that iPhone X is discontinued :slight_smile:

Qualcomm is a key technology vendor to China’s rising smart phone brands such as Xiaomi Corp, Oppo, Vivo and OnePlus, while Apple competes directly against Hauwei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL], China’s lone homegrown maker of premium-priced smart phones.

Huawei needs to stop their design and use QCOM snapdragon in order for CFO to be released.

Why do they need to stop their design and depend on QCOM?

Nice analysis about AAPL (go though just 12 minutes), AAPL haters, feel free to avoid it.

are clueless as TSLA haters (I’m not one :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Just FYI : Manch is fair in statement regarding AAPL, but does not like TSLA only :rofl:

TSLA problem is cash flow, it seems to have resolved it, manage it well.

Tesla’s biggest problem is valuation. Show me some legit justification for its market cap.

1 Like

Tesla can drop 100 points on one Musk comment.

1 Like