Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Apple: 802.4B. Dividend yield 1.67%

Microsoft: 837.5B. Yield 1.76%

Amazon: 813.4B.

So apple has smaller cap than both amazon and Microsoft, with worse dividend than Microsoft. :smile:

All 3 dinosaurs. Go buy your Tsla.

Here you go my counter, assume you buy 1 MSFT and 1 AAPL at the closing price today.

Today MSFT closing price $109.08/share. MSFT provides $1.84 dividend per share. Your yield is = 1.84 * 100 / 109.08 = 1.686835%

Today AAPL closing price $169.10/share. AAPL provides $2.92 dividend per share. Your yield is = 2.92 * 100 / 169.10 = 1.726789%

Apple yield (1.726789%) > Microsoft Yield (1.686835%)

2 Likes

Here is the best valuation report published Nov 8, 2018 extensively covered 34 pages

Whoever interested in Apple stock, download it and review for future growth

Manch will at least consider AAPL, but - IMO- not TSLA ! We will circle back when TSLA is $1000/share :rofl:

1 Like

If the Huawei hostage got shipped to US, watch out for apple sales in China. Revenue can easily decline 50%. Stock can go :bomb:

:smiling_imp:

iPhone is surviving with IOS quality, both Samsung and Huawei are Android, power consuming devices.

People may use Samsung and Huawei initially, but may not use them long, eventually come back to Apple for reliable phone.

2 Likes

Every Chinese movies/ TV shows use Macs, iPads and iPhones :star_struck:

2 Likes

After the hostage taking people will be called traitors for using apple products. Already apple can’t sell the older iPhones in China because of the Qualcomm ban.

Apple is walking on thin ice in China. :scream:

Apple and Huawei don’t share the same customer base. The backlash might cause customers in China to ditch iPhone for Samsung, not Huawei.

Can’t the US just fine the company? That’s how most situations get resolved.

4 Likes

Behind my iPhone, it says…

Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.

Now they can buy Xs, Xs Max and XR.

1 Like

US chose to get personal this time. And the hostage is a woman, daughter of the company founder. Dialing it all the way to 11.

:rofl:

It’s alresdy begun. Now that I think about it Tesla is also American brand. :thinking:

• Several Chinese firms are now penalising employees caught using iPhones
  • Boycott part of growing domestic movement to support the Chinese tech giant

Another tech company, electronics parts supplier Shenzhen Huiyisheng, went even further.

It said it would reward staff with Huawei phones with 500 yuan — about $72 — and asked those with iPhones to surrender them. Those who refuse would be fired, the company wrote in a post on Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter.

:rofl:

Sponsored by Huawei. Is manch working for Huawei?

Washington Post: China’s judgment on Huawei case: Anger, patriotism and iPhone boycotts

Working for Bezos to destroy apple. :smile:

We are not promoting AAPL or AMZN, but providing some visibility how can they get better returns like Cupertino Real Estate.

Investment is garbage in garbage out. If they invest at right time and right stock, they reap the benefit.

Everyone witnessed how simply WQJ got into TSLA, now almost $94000 up from his price almost 34% gain from that investment.

No one believed/invested even when he openly posted his stake.

Apple is a cash producing engine with high quality products. It is left the investor to decide where his/her money grows nicely .

What they earn depends on what stock/price they invest. I understand how AAPL is going to be and I invest in it as we unlikely see this low price in future.

I repeat this document again for forum viewers. This is best one.
https://tippie.biz.uiowa.edu/henry/reports15/AAPL_fa15.pdf

1 Like