Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/12/06/your-apple-products-are-getting-more-expensive-heres-how-they-get-away-with-it/

2 Likes

IMO, AAPL is bound to go below 140 , Bloomberg said it will touch 135 around. Effect of future quarters needs to be accounted.

How about this, Timmie:

1. Stop being ā€œjustā€ an Iphone company!
  2. Go back and fire up that R&D dept and/or go and spend some of that cash you are hoarding! Do something NEW!!!
  3. Stop making so many new phone models so soon and just lower the cost of them!!!

ā€œRevenue outside of our iPhone business grew by almost 19 percent year-over-year, including all-time record revenue from services, wearables and Mac,ā€ Cook said.

ā€œWe also expect to set all-time revenue records in several developed countries, including the United States, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and Korea,ā€ Cook said, noting that some developing markets including Mexico, Poland, Malaysia and Vietnam also set all-time revenue records.

Itā€™s not all horrible news in CEO for the fiscal first quarter. He also expects "a new all-time record for Appleā€™s earnings per share.ā€

Record revenue and eps :slight_smile: The need to revise guidance in revenue feels more like due to the arrest of a certain female CFO, a totally unexpected event.

1 Like

How Appleā€™s stock could crash below $100

ā€œAppleā€™s stock has retraced 62% of its prior advance and is coming into $135 support marking its 2015 peak,ā€ Wald writes. ā€œWhile the stockā€™s 37% peak-to-trough decline is on par with drops of 45% and 33% in 2013 and 2016, respectively, those prior declines developed over seven and 13 months versus four months currently. This leads us to believe that Apple needs several months to form a base before a bullish reversal can be attempted.ā€

1 Like

Yippee! Time to buy :dancing_women:

Wipe that drool off your face. Not yet. Wait for it to crash to $100ā€¦ :smiling_imp:

Some good news for AAPL fans:

Thatā€™s what I meant :dancing_women:

Why not wait for $10? Otherwise your purchase could never be as good as mine.

Much longer than 13 years, he came to Apple when Next was acquired. Probably quit because didnā€™t get promoted to VP. He is now CTO of a startup, very normal for Senior Directors of FAANMG to join startup as some kind of Chiefs.

Btw, what so interesting about him?

These guys didnā€™t have solid reasons, either use past price support or fib levels, add in some generic arguments. Having said that, Trump could have overplayed his card. You want to maintain a gap not a MAD outcome.

1 Like

MSFT first
AMZN second,
GOOGL third,

and

AAPL now 4th position in market cap.

Along with AAPL, BRK also fell down badly today !

When Tim revised estimates, we can get at any price now !

Bad, Badā€¦Bad cook, he should have stated in his first estimate correctly or declared it when China banned AAPL products, too late !

Aim for less than $99, let us get below WB price !

Nothing interesting, only more fear monger from Manch.

That is the problem with data driven guys. He only said it after the fact.

True, I do not really blame Tim Cook.

With high affordability, US people buy new versions, while Asia market is one or two version old with low cost sells. Appleā€™s China market (20% of iPhone sales) is completely shut off now.

Even if Trump+Xi signs agreement tomorrow, Court order will not be reversed.

I bought one lot at $225 which I do not think it will come back in 2 or 3 or 5 years. It takes years to get back again or take a loss !

Oops, buy and hold is nightmare :grin: Neither buy after 5% dip will also work.:grinning:

See how this professor made money, exact timing shorting stocks (AAPL and AMZN).

He is well followed :grinning:

1 Like