Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Fakes news

AAPL is the last to decline.

AAPL is the last to decline. => Actual reason is People like me are fooled by TC, blindly believed holding Apple, in spite of repeated analysts information :rofl:

Otherwise, I would have stayed away from AAPL like FB.

I have been waiting for AMZN and Google, got them at $1376 and $994, holding firm. I would have done the same with AAPL.

Dec_12_26

If Apple hiring stop is fake news, then AAPL dip is inevitable ! Market is sensitive for any fake news…

1 Like

TSMC’s Revenue Outlook Disappoints as iPhone Demand Flags

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-17/tsmc-profit-little-changed-amid-sluggish-demand-for-iphones

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. forecast quarterly revenue sharply below projections, as the sole supplier of the iPhone’s main processor grapples with plateauing demand for Apple Inc.’s flagship gadget.

The world’s largest contract chipmaker forecast revenue of $7.3 billion to $7.4 billion this quarter, compared with the $8.1 billion average of analysts’ estimates. It also predicted an gross margin of 43 to 45 percent, also below projections. TSMC earlier reported net income just marginally higher than a year earlier.

Fake news referring to manch MacBook Pro :woozy_face:

Now More Than Ever, AAPL Stock Is Worth Buying

Alternatively and for options spread traders, buying the February $160/$165 call spread for up to $1.25 is a way to limit risk to less than 1% of the exposure associated with owning AAPL stock — while being in strong position to capture solid earnings-driven profits if our forecast bears fruit.

This guy thinks AAPL would be above $165 after earnings :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hold off, Sweetie…about to get even cheaper

1 Like

Source: Bleak smartphone industry could lead to double-digit iPhone decline in 2019 | AppleInsider

Johnson & Johnson to wield Apple Watch for health-tech study

Jil,

Don’t live in the past like UCLA :hugs:

Video streaming and Healthcare :grinning: Skate to Where the Puck is Going :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I posted this oh when??? NOVEMBER 2017

Who’s the dumb one now???

Just stick to 2nd world RE in Texas too while you are it… Big Boys buy and sell in Bay Area…

I still own small portion of AAPL, almost 1/5th of 2018 position ! If it dips, you know, I will catch the knife. Otherwise, holding it.

See WB’s STNE and TEVA is coming up, almost 24% up from Dec 26th ! You should have added those on 12/24th or 12/26th. Both are supposed to be long term hold unless recession hits soon.

1 Like

Um, are we in China? The article is about pricing pressure and lower sales in China, so Apple will discount the phone in China.

2 Likes

Thought you also said plenty of good stocks at reasonable prices, free to pick :wink:

1 Like

Oh, you a shareholder too??? I’m sorry…

No, but I can read and more importantly understand what I read.

1 Like

Here you go…promotions galore, here in the USofA. What’s next???

Do you know the difference between Apple’s ASP and carrier ASP due to subsidies?

1 Like

Discounting…is discounting.

Does Porsche discount its cars?

Does Louis Vuitton discount its bags?

Does Jimmy Choo discount its shoes?

Discounting of any sort = sign of weakness. If you are really, really good, no discount!!! Premium pricing even!!! Oops, they tried that…backfired badly!!! Sorry, a phone is just…a phone, however you cut it.

Tell me, Mr. Seattle and Mr. Austin,

If you had such a boatload of cash, would you as great investors just watch that sit in a bank per se or would you conquer the world?

Every weekend, every company puts some deals (discount) to attract customers, including car companies. Do you see that as sign of weakness? The USA is running on deals, but they are not really deals…right?

2 Likes

You realize carriers discount as a way to get people to change carriers. There isn’t enough growth in new cell phone subscribers. Everyone already has a cell phone. So they have to try to steal market share from each other. The fact they are willing to subsidize the iPhone to steal market share is good for Apple.

1 Like

Apple biz strategy is not based on selling a few pieces of luxury exclusivities :wink: His analogies are way off :money_mouth_face:

1 Like