Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Those unbeaten paths are totally unnecessary. Doesn’t save anyone time but hike up your chances of getting into accidents.

Yup - exactly. I still occasionally think of the woman who hit a kid and caused him to die. Can’t even imagine being in her shoes!

According to author, best to use Apple Maps if you don’t want to be late :wink: Google underestimates the trip time causing you to start late and hence arrive late!

Just set your clock 5 min ahead and you will never be late again.

Do I need to paste the “SJ Is The Most Forgotten Major City In The US” again??? You keep saying it, but what has changed since it has achieved higher income and jobs? Nothing. It still pales in name recognition to San Francisco. All San Jose is essentially is a huge business park. Big whoop. Nobody is going to want to visit a business park, don’t you get it? San Jose leadership is not exactly at the cutting edge either.

After you stepped on one of the many piles of :poop: you will never ever forget San Francisco again… :smile:

1 Like

We have our problems but we are still way ahead. You know this. Nothing is happening in San Jose to the degree that SF needs to worry. Remember, our Presidio Terrace? SF is full of old money… old money that is so influential. And let’s not forget the people that are coming here, even more monied than those leaving.

I have used extensively Waze and Apple Maps.

Apple Maps are really great for static routes, pre-defined…etc with iphone.

I used that during my overseas trip/vacation, it provided excellent routes, train timing, bus timing, connections…etc. Every day/hour I used it, but drained battery. Got another strong backup battery pack which helped me. Google maps was not good at those places.

Waze uses google maps, seemless autoplay with android - esp GM bolt. Waze is not linked with apple car play GM bolt, but an excellent app I am using last two to three years, daily navigation between home & work and other highways to avoid traffic accidents, bottlenecks, re-routing etc. During peak hour traffic, without waze, I may end up in bottlenecks.

Waze is live traffic and up-to-date in peak hours on many bay area highways. Re-routing helps me to reach my destination faster.

I am addicted to waze and my vote is for WAZE, next Apple Maps.

Google Maps also has rerouting. I just got rerouted this afternoon. Apple Maps doesn’t do that? Another reason never to use that POS.

Gosh… you are taking pride in that now? SMH.

Just a fact worth pointing out is all. Old money does have its perks right and influence is one of them. Even after Feinstein and Pelosi move on, SF still has the name recognition that businesses will use. Come on, it is still San Francisco 49ers no? Granted they are coming home anyway, but when you watch the Warrior games they usually tend to throw in shots of SF anyway. Didn’t I just post something where the motion picture Winchester folks even wanted to distance itself from San Jose and associate itself with San Francisco? Come on, San Francisco is the hottest gal at the Ball and everyone wants her. San Jose is home watching Netflix…

Google Maps also has rerouting. I just got rerouted this afternoon ==> But no match to waze functionality.

Waze is consumer updated, almost like live traffic. Any accidents, minor or major, you get it. It tracks road kills, cars parked road side, Cops/Police at spots, traffic bottlenecks, average speed, car pool speed/normal road speed, estimation is near accurate. When I review waze route two miles ahead, I take some local roads to avoid traffic. IMO, waze will ultimately replace many GPS systems.

I used to see SF and SJ as equal. Because I have one property in each city.

But now, I’m in contract for a 2nd property in SJ. So unfortunately I’ll need to start rooting for SJ whenever I see forum members bickering over this “SF or SJ better” topic… sorry @sfdragonboy:hugs:

3 Likes

Realize you and manch don’t have cars with GPS. All my cars have GPS :grinning: So I don’t use those three maps for navigation :stuck_out_tongue:

I have cars with GPS, those are fine like Apple Maps, but will not help/show where accident bottleneck, road closures or where delays are likely etc.

I started using waze before Google bought it. Once smitten, people will not use other gps during traffic hours.

Back old days, LA to SJC, we used to get 5 miles or 10 miles long queue during holiday peaks. We wait for hours stuck on road. Waze will pin point bottleneck/accident location and immediately reroute best route.

It is like you, me, wuqi,sfdragon and manch driving on the road from SJC to SFO. If one of us sees an accident at Palo Alto and updates waze accident, rest of the four see the updated content or traffic delay Immediately.

Even though 65 miles spead limit in 101 hwy, it recalculates with actual speed 13 miles ( based on average speed of all wazers at that location ) and tell you destination time or re-route you. Everything automatic/algorithms with high accuracy of traffic.

Lot of intelligence and useful functionality is built in with WAZE. These are unknown apps of google, but millions use it daily.

If people are not using it, mostly they do not know the AI of WAZE.

Waze, Waze, no match to Waze !!!

Following can be tracked

1 Like

3 of the things you’ve cited about SF being better (business, jobs, and crime) are actually better in SJ. The violent and property crime difference was huge. Reality and your perception aren’t aligned.

Who cares? So, San Jose becomes just a sprawl city and overgrown business park. Wow, hey honey, next Summer lets go visit that oasis of fun San Jose!!! Boy, that will be fuuuuuun…

Sure, you want to go there…

1 Like

Can I have my battery…now???