Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

https://www.bisnow.com/silicon-valley/news/office/breaking-news-apple-workers-shouldnt-get-hurt-anymore-86805?rt=56671

China busts smugglers using drones to transport smartphones: state media

Customs officers in southern Chinaā€™s technology hub Shenzhen busted a group of criminals using drones to smuggle 500 million yuan ($79.8 million) worth of smartphones from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, the official Legal Daily reported on Friday.

1 Like

I read about it this morning. Impressive.

Foxconn profits ride high on iPhone X, dispelling worries about Appleā€™s sales

Cook said that the iPhone X was the companyā€™s best-selling iPhone since the early November launch, all the way up to the day of the last quarterly earnings report on Feb. 1.
Apple assembly partner Hon Hai ā€”better known as Foxconn ā€”has posted net income of $2.5 billion for the December quarter, reportedly linked to strong orders and consequent sales of the iPhone X.

Do you want to believe a CEO who is running a near trillion dollar company and the actual result of a mega cap MNC or liberal art journalists?

2 Likes

Hey, hey, hey, who majored in Marketing???

Finally a good reason to wear Apple watch!

Now youā€™re getting it :grin: Guess youā€™re able to figure out how Apple Watch fit into the ā€œautonomous vehicleā€ vision.

This has been discussed here as a possibility.

1 Like

In this case, Bloomberg reported, Apple would replace Intel processors in Macs as part of a multi-step transition beginning in 2020.

Rumors that Apple would build iOS MBP was at least 3 years ago. Look like have to wait many more years to see that.

Appleā€™s wins a Project Titan Patent thatā€™s focused on designing a Safe Vehicle using an Energy Absorbing Assembly

Energy absorbing is what we want in case of crashes.

1 Like

Apple is pursuing a late follower strategy for AV :+1: Slowly but surely.

Apple needs all the help it can get with Siri. Itā€™s a POSā€¦

At Google, Giannandrea, a senior vice president, was involved in the push to integrate artificial intelligence throughout Google products, including internet search, Gmail, and Google Assistant.

Guess integration of AI & ML into all Apple products is going too slowly

ā€œJohn shares our commitment to privacy and our thoughtful approach as we make computers even smarter and more personal,ā€ he said. "Our technology must be infused with the values we all hold dear.ā€

Hope Tim Cook is right about John.

manch,

Clearly, tomato may end up in Apple. With the rise of privacy issues, talented techies might want to dis-associate with GOOG and FB, and run to Apple. This potential brain drain is a big risk for GOOG and FB. You may want to hedge by buying lots of AAPLs.

@tomato whatā€™s the deal with John G?

I did not hear good things about appleā€™s work environment.

You are expecting those sex rooms? Of course, no.

1 Like

No not that. Friendliness, a bit more openness, etc.

I am not a super sociable person, but ā€œopennessā€ part is important to me.

Privacy is overrated. I donā€™t like Cookā€™s overly moralistic stand on it. As long as he insisted on the privacy over everything else Appleā€™s AI will never be great.

I think you mean secrecy. Apple badges are much more sociable than Googlers.

Or you miss those 20% self-directed project?

Privacy IS NOT overrated.