Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Just tell me when I can hail my cool Waymo taxi that doesn’t cost me a dime because I will be watching YouTube inside.

Next year? 5? 10? Never?

1 Like

Waymo can go the way of public transit first. An autonomous bus. Many possibilities.

except that unlike incar entertainment, google’s software would auto update. Android was a glitch, not the norm here :slight_smile: We like our shit auto update :slight_smile:

Food delivery will end up being done by drones at a fraction of the cost.
Wake me up when this happens. Drones are not there, cities are not suitable for this. We’ll see who is right. Ground vehicles still need self driving, aerial ones are a bit of a dream :slight_smile:

How many times do people use their tablets in the plane vs what’s built into the plane, btw. The numbers might surprise you :slight_smile: (or me, just anectodal, people use in-flight built in systems, even when they have tablets. I have 3 tablets sitting home).

Less than 10.

do you use chromecast?

Maybe in Phoenix. Even that is a stretch. In SF more like 20.

Yes FB and GOOG are promising. Have 24 FBs and 2 GOOG. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Not any longer. Used it a lot in the past. It’s very buggy and unreliable these days.

I need massage :slight_smile:

When was the lst time you used and what did you use it for? To me it’s hard to give up, works every single time, and never hit a bug.

we can have massage-hailing offering as a part of this.

Who’s going to be doing the massaging? A human? A robot? or the car seat? :rofl:

1 Like

if i go to that robotics group i was mentioning, my first priority will be robots doing massage

Only thing it reliably does seems to be casting Youtube. If i was casting video, audio gets out of sync with video pretty often and it seems to have issues with buffering with highly encoded or high res video. It’s just faster and more reliable for me to stream using VLC or connect natively. Haven’t used it in over 2 months as I have given up and moved on.

2 Likes

Good. Make sure you install the happy ending software into it… :rofl:

2 Likes

interesting. I use netflix everyday, and youtube very occasionally, and never had issues.

I was right when i made my prediction on women, food and stocks.

Hold on… Is this “casting browser tab” feature? That feature SUCKS.