Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Big fan. Her name is cool.

I tried that. It sucks. I have used Videostream that builds on top of chromecast. Used to be very reliable about 1 year ago, now it sucks. I don’t cast Netflix anymore as the rendering is lower quality for casted material then the native apps in the TV as they have really improved by leaps and bounds. At one time I preferred casting to the native TV apps, now I prefer the native apps.

I know for a fact encoding/decoding the chrome tab is very compute intensive and can make the laptop heat up fairly fast. That’s why it’s not practical to use it. The ones that supports chromecast natively just passes the media link to the chromecast, and chromecast streams directly, that’s the way it works very efficiently. Cast icon on Chrome is not the way to use it. Casting straight from the “app” (like netflix) is the way to go.

I’m only human :slight_smile: so not interested in robots. Need human touch :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No. What’s the revenue model there? It can’t be to make money off the hardware.

On the plane, the wifi isn’t very good. LTE is plenty good enough and 5G will be even better.

Go to market strategy :slight_smile:

09%20PM

2 Likes

What kind of question is that? If anything it’d be Amazon Fire Stick or Apple TV for him.

1 Like

Huawei overtakes Apple as world No. 2 smartphone seller, gains ground in China

Authors are behind time, it doesn’t matter anymore. Even UCLA alumni has stopped talking about iPhone strategy. Now, investors are focusing on overall return, and the fast rising Service and Wearables business.
Wearables = AirPods, Apple Watch, Beats products

Apple service revenue is entirely based on iPhones. For people like @harriet who use Samsung phones (still does?) Apple service has little appeal.

Apple services just magnifies iPhone revenue, not replaces it.

1 Like

By the way this shows another big failing of google. Android runs vast majority of phones. Google should be able to build extremely large service rev on top of android. What happened? Why just does ad?

1 Like

We own gmail, play, youtube, drive.
Which service are you ralking about?

Yt music is paid, probably reported ubder yt.
Gsuite is gmail and drive. I dont know how they are reported.

Yt is free for a reason.

We have plenty of monetized services in case you didnt know. Not all of them are cash monetized however.

I am not sold on Apple service. When iPhone sales flattens, Apple will be plateaud. But nobody is worries about aapl, maybe iPhone will have a long life. People are not stupid, maybe they know something. AAPL can stay higher and higher until iPhone and android phone are indistinguishable

Look like you didn’t follow the discussion so far.

You mentioned a dozen times already. What are you implying?

For those who don’t like to eat durian and like to eat orange, MSW doesn’t appeal to them.

I casually followed. Service is not a promising route, plentiful of competitions and Apple is not good at it anyway.

Other than device and service, what’s the other routes?

If I were Apple ceo, I would do some big acquisitions now, mabybe swallow Snapchat, FB, Netflix, amazon, or buy YT from google.

Huh? Don’t think you should be into investing. Stick with RE.

After so many decades, are Macs and PCs indistinguishable ?

Don’t have much to imply. It’s great Apple makes tons off services that both magnifies and smooths iPhone revenue.

But I think it’s wrong to conclude that Apple doesn’t depend on iPhones anymore. It does. Services is a derivative of iPhones not a substitute. If IPhones sales stalls because of Huawei its services rev will suffer. Apple is as dependent on iPhones as ever.

For you two’s sake :exploding_head:

Gene is hinting that this is likely to be continued for awhile. So investors no longer worry too much about it.

Gene Munster’s reaction to Apple earning

Yes my phone is still going strong.

1 Like

Thank you, Mr Academic. You might want to include iPad, Apple TV and Apple Watch as derivatives of iPhone too :smiling_imp:

Thought exercise: if one day Huawei and other Chinese manufacturers took away all Chinese customers from Apple, do you think Apple services revenue will be impacted?