Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

That’s still higher than a lot of company’s gross margin. TSLA *cough cough

Year to date:

1 Like

That puts NFLX recent “crash” in perspective.

Good call, @wuqijun and @hanera!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Apple-s-rise-from-near-bankruptcy-to-most-13128136.php

1 Like

Here’s my perspective:

If in 2001, you bought $399 of Apple stock instead of buying the original iPod, today that stock would be worth ~$62,000.

2 Likes

Many AAPL investors bought 100 AAPLs and 1 iPod :slight_smile:

Stock is better investment since nutty head can’t have local regulations. Trump won’t approve a Prop 10 on stocks

Lol at the comments. Why don’t they use Apple computers instead of ipod? The stock didn’t take off until the iPhone.

Huh? We live in different world?

600e549df2332e457e5925f447f768bc64ce68e6_1_469x499

Most likely, yes. Jobs started development in 2005, and it may have been widely known that this revolutionary product was coming out, thus influencing the stock price. Could it be that the market was speculating on the success of the original iphone before its official release (and then maybe sold the stock on the news)? That is my guess, you are the aapl expert here! :wink:

The sell off has nothing to do with iPhone :grinning: is because of fed investigation of the option irregularities which may implicate Steve Jobs. Many investors hyperventilating as there is rumor that Steve Jobs may have to resign. Silly retail investors, Apple=SJ, SJ=Apple, and many people hold AAPL stocks :grinning: Is like now people worry about trade war affecting Apple, biggest joke since it would hurt both USA and China a lot so won’t happen. From recent behavior, guess many realize that.

I never understood Apple adulation. Their phones have constant upgrades and problems . All their products are just beta test products. People are forced to upgrade. Apple stores are a nightmare. It is a cult thing, like Tesla junkies.

Android only recently caught apple in quality and still plenty of phones come with junk.
That said, peoplr still would have choosen iphone brcause of premium phone image. People who could barely afford food still bought iphone.

1 Like

Yes! I can survive without food but I can’t live if living is without my iPhone!!! :rofl:

Are you still rocking that old phone? Time to upgrade to the X. The phone that @sfdragonboy is too cheap to buy for his wife.

I’m still ahead of many. I saw my friend driving his new Tesla the other day but still carrying an iPhone 5 :scream:

:joy: Is that elt1? I think elt1 prefers to tip stripper than to pay for a new iPhone.

sfdragonboy prefers to spend a fortune buying lingerie for his wife than upgrade to a new iPhone.

People have different priorities :grin:

2 Likes

Which model has caught up?