Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

TSMC 5-year dividend growth rate is 21%. It has much stronger moat than AAPL.

https://www.gurufocus.com/term/dividend_growth_5y/TSM/Dividend+Growth+Rate+5y/Taiwan+Semiconductor+Manufacturing+Co+Ltd

During the past 12 months , Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltdā€™s average Dividends Per Share Growth Rate was 14.30% per yearā€¦During the past 10 years , the average Dividends Per Share Growth Rate was 7.90% per year.

7.9% is lower than 10-15% :slight_smile:

Anyhoo, would monitor.

What is AAPL dividend growth for the last 10 years? Did it even pay dividend 10 years ago?

If you think Apple will build cars in the future, it will likely need to hike capex pretty aggressively.

Apple announces dividend and stock buyback
By David Goldman @CNNMoneyTech March 19, 2012: 4:23 PM ET
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) ā€“ Apple on Monday announced plans for much of the $97.6 billion in cash it has accumulated from massive iPod, iPhone, iPad and Macintosh sales.
The company said it would begin giving shareholders a quarterly dividend of $2.65 per share sometime its fiscal fourth quarter, which begins in July. Apple last offered a dividend in 1995.

Apple will go for software like auto pilot or using apple maps navigation etc in AI (autonomous) side.

1 Like

IMHO, most humans will not be comfortable with self driving cars. Much prefer assisted :smiley:

First assisted, then fully automated. Eventually, automated cars with a robot sex toy (since thereā€™s nothing else to do you can hanky panky your way to your destination with a robot)ā€¦

1 Like

So those who predict AV would replace current cars in 5-10 years would be disappointed. Useful life of a horse is about 7 years, cars last a lot longer. So the change wonā€™t be that fast. May be not in my life time.

1 Like

Can you please stop scaring peopleā€¦ I thought your image depicted Aapl is down 10% pre-marketā€¦ :rofl::scream::rofl::skull_and_crossbones::rofl:

Manch is always looking for evidence to rationalize his sale. From the chart I posted prior, it is possible that post-event AAPL could decline to 50-day SMA, which should be around $200 by then. So your post has no new info. Typically sell the event but most of the time would recover after a few weeks, is why I recommend you buy post event if you want back on train. Notice I wonā€™t try to take the opportunity to trade because I am not a traderšŸ˜†

Tim Cook On His Philosophy When Dealing with the Chinese Market

Tim Cook said that China is no longer cheap for manufacturing for a long time. Apple goes to China is because of the skill requirements.

Either he or SJ said the same thing years ago. They gave the example of changing some designs on the original iPhone because SJ saw all those scratches on his iPhone and got very mad. It was like a couple months before launch but because Steve was God they changed it anyway. Foxconn amassed an army of workers working 3 shifts 24/7 and got it done. It was an amazing story.

1 Like

Apple didnā€™t get sue for that?

Sued by who exactly?

If it is in USA, the engineers would sue Apple for abuse, and harsh working environments. No?

Thatā€™s why itā€™s not built in the USA.

Found the story for you. Itā€™s amazing!

https://www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-new-iphone-screen-2012-1

1 Like

As the Apple executives who spoke to Duhigg and Bradsher for their article make clear, there is no way American manufacturing companies could have met this timetable.

The end-to-end process of building the iPhones, Duhigg and Bradsher report, required 8,700 mid-level engineers. In the United States, Apple estimated, it would have taken 9 months to hire this many engineers. In China, it took 15 days.

2 Likes

China is irreplaceableā€¦

Xi is abandoning the teaching of DXP and going back the Mao way. Wonā€™t end well. :scream: