How I negotiated a $300,000 job offer in Silicon Valley

That’s why it’s important to invest. Hard to earn that much with a salary.

Not that hard for a working couple to make over $255K/year here on W2. In fact, it’s quite easy especially if at least one works at a tech company.

Yes ma’am, then there shouldn’t be a housing crisis here at all. Please stop using that term from here on on this forum. :smile:

Problem is people blow their salary on a Tesla instead of penny pinching for a million dollar shack :wink:

Sadly, no, they’ll be lucky if all they inherit is a $1M mortgage.

As they should. That’s the only way my Tsla stock can keep afloat… :rofl:

That’s why you need to make the right investments so your kids can inherit multiple BA houses plus a pretty stock portfolio filled with tech stocks :smile:

Once again you are profiting from other people’s misery. :scream:

At least I didn’t exploit my tenants the way you did :triumph:

In 20 years you would have paid off your mortgage and your RWC house would be worth 10M.

10M in 20 years is like 1M today though, so her kids would be back to square one.

1 Like

The guy didn’t say how much his package is. Job market is still strong it seems.

https://medium.com/@thetonymai/i-applied-to-13-top-tech-companies-in-silicon-valley-talked-to-9-got-onsite-interviews-at-5-22c7d5824095

I Applied To 13 Top Tech Companies In Silicon Valley — Talked To 9 — Got Onsite Interviews At 5 — And Offers From 3 Of Them

Google, Amazon, Airbnb, Dropbox, Uber, Square, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Slack, Lyft, Apple, and Facebook

@manch If you insist to long one online storage, drop BOX and long DBX since this not-as-hot-as-the-$300k guy think DBX is cooler. Queue up fro Slack, Uber and Lyft IPO.

Gee, ain’t he special :unamused:

You should ask his opinion on bitcoin and Tesla. :smile:

Clearly, don’t buy GOOG and AMZN, so desperate to get people because many SWEs left. Don’t buy Uber IPO. GOOG is so desperate, it shortcut the interview process! If you need a job quick, any job, apply to GOOG. Highly recommend GOOG to @Terri Ask @tomato for referral.

He was a business major you looked down on, went to a bootcamp and now works as a SWE in Google. :smile:

1 Like

Since when? Many IT professionals in Singapore have business or accounting degrees. Many of my female ex-colleagues have business degrees and are very pretty.

Ok. You don’t look down on them. You just stare at them. :smile:

He looks down on the males and stares at the females.

1 Like