How the Coronavirus will affect Bay Area Housing Market

I consider being a war lord :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Buying a $850k condo for your kid. People with money still have money.

1 Like

@Elt1

No Home Depot today, went to Lowe’s .
A fridge crapped out at my tenant’s place last night.

Ended up with 2 new fridges and 2 vanities.
New fridge and vanities for my future adu…

1 Like

Was at HD Friday. No line. Very few wearing masks. Things are getting back to normal in Placerville. Three of my neighbors had Memorial Day parties

Around here, HD increased their customer density from 100 to 200. No more waiting at the entrance since then (2 weeks ago?)

Everyone was wearing mask at the Lowe’s Fremont location. Of course a few people had their noses sticking out.

Felt very normal except the masks :mask:

Still have to wait in line here in Hayward but it moves quick. I like shopping there more now with less people. Usually Home Depot on the weekend is madness ( not Costco bad but still too many people.

Anyone experiencing new tenant search and renting out process in this SIP due to the leases that are expiring in this period

1 Like

Why not 100% remote like so many predicted?

someone needs to be in the office for security, otherwise the homeless will move in

4 Likes

30% of googlers are security? :smile:

From the article posted earlier:

There are a limited number of employees whose roles are needed back in the office this year and they would return on a limited, rotating basis, Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai said in a blog post.

1 Like

they are just bodies. Engineers, developers, QAs, coders, whatever. They are just bodies to make the building appear occupied. Like a scarecrow keeps the birds away, they’ll keep the homeless out.

1 Like

They must be the world’s most expensive scarecrows then.

If most google employees will shift to 100% remote, that means google won’t need to increase their office capacity ever again? No more need to acquire new office space?

NOT ever again.

It will need 30% of the current space going forward IF they continue with this formula even when Covid19 goes away .

IMO if they continue with this formula(30%) Google can delay acquiring new offices till they fill up current office space.